Update of "beta" version from 2.0.2.1?

I’m using 2.0.2.1 - what appears to be the current beta build from august - and running into an issue where the file recovery UI is very slow to list files and directories, which was apparently fixed around Oct/November.

When I try to download the latest “beta” version, or check for updates, there are none.

At the same time, I don’t have separate backups of this to experiment with the canary/experimental builds.

Is there a release date for a “beta” version that incorporates those fixes? Or am I simply overlooking it somehow?

Thanks

There is no new beta. You can move to the latest experimental, it looks stable to me.

1 Like

My plan is to release the next beta tomorrow.

6 Likes

Thank you. I’ll have to see if I want to wait for the docker module to be updated, or if I can get the update to “keep” on the image. Looking forward to it.

I now build new Docker images as part of the release, so if you are using these, they will be updated when a new version is created:
https://hub.docker.com/r/duplicati/duplicati/

Ah - OK - I was using the linuxserver one for the docker-based installs.

https://hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/duplicati/

That said, I’ve looked into commiting changes and so it looks doable.

Their example standard usage is:

docker create
–name=duplicati
-v :/config
-v :/backups
-v :/source
-e PGID= -e PUID=
-p 8200:8200
linuxserver/duplicati

where it appears the /config map is where the backup configs are stored, /backups appears to be a mapped drive path for destination if using “local” storage, and /source (you can easily map more than one) how the docker image gets access to the directory/directories being backed up.

• -p 8200 - the port(s)
• -v /config - path for duplicati config files
• -v /backups - path to store local backups
• -v /source - path to source for files to backup
• -e PGID for GroupID - see below for explanation
• -e PUID for UserID - see below for explanation

Turns out at least on synologies, you don’t have to specify the port if specifying the host network.

It’s running 2.0.2.1 right now so I can either download yours and remap the drive paths, wait for them to update and initiate the same command I already use, or run the updater under 2.0.2.1 and commit it as a new version (which may give me a fallback), since the config files should all stay the same, so that I don’t have to wait.

Thank you for the updates.