Update failed? Remove and reinstall/start over

Hi,

Since running an update (in browser) something has gone wrong with my Duplicati installation. I’ve since tried uninstalling/reinstalling and pretty sure I’ve made a mess of it. Now I just want to completely remove and start again. I’m getting errors such as this:

Crash! 
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> Duplicati.Server.SingleInstance+MultipleInstanceException: Another instance is running, and was notified

And more. I have cmd line access only to this system. How can I completely remove and start again and then what steps to I need to take in order to access remotely via browser? I remember having to make some config changes before to enable this. It was so long ago I’ve forgotten what I did or what the default port is etc.

Note that I have already done dpkg --remove duplicati and then re-downloaded/installed but it still seems to be problematic. Maybe there’s more I need to remove first.

Any help appreciated muchly.

Thank you.

Possibly you have some leftover update as described here, however you need the CLI version of the test. Below might be equivalent (translate to Linux CLI command use, etc.). Key question is “Current Version”. You might have an update that’s not affected by uninstalling/reinstalling but is being invoked and crashing.

The “Current Version folder” on this system is a slightly modified 2.0.4.5. That’s not a normal folder name. Here the Program Files version is actually 2.0.3.12. Read changelog.txt if you’re unsure of what you have.

C:\Program Files\Duplicati 2>Duplicati.CommandLine.exe system-info
Duplicati: Duplicati.CommandLine, Version=2.0.4.5, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null (Duplicati.Library.Main, Version=2.0.4.5, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null)
Autoupdate urls: https://updates.duplicati.com/beta/latest.manifest;https://alt.updates.duplicati.com/beta/latest.manifest
Update folder: C:\ProgramData\Duplicati\updates
Base install folder: C:\Program Files\Duplicati 2
Version name: "2.0.4.5_beta_2018-11-28" (2.0.4.5)
Current Version folder C:\ProgramData\Duplicati\updates\2.0.4.5 beta