Update does not stay

On a Mac I have updated to vs 2.0.2.20 several times. Each next time About shows 'You are currently running Duplicati - 2.0.2.14_canary_2017-12-22 Update 2.0.2.20_canary_2018-02-27 is available’
There is an Error in Updater - Log:
System.Exception: Found unexpected file: /Users/hans/Library/Application Support/Duplicati/updates/2.0.2.20/OSXTrayHost/rumps.pyc at Duplicati.Library.AutoUpdater.UpdaterManager.VerifyUnpackedFolder (System.String folder, Duplicati.Library.AutoUpdater.UpdateInfo version) [0x002a1] in <6577671552d646fcb8561de9c1978d41>:0

In the updates - folder there are files warning me to not change anything there. And a file called current with contents ‘2.0.2.20’

What should I do?

Hi @Hans, welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear you’re having issues with the built in update process. Since version 2.0.2.14 there have been a few changes in how updates are processed (partially to help avoid issues similar to this one) so it’s possible you’ve bumped into one of those dreaded “known issue” items.

I’d recommend doing an install of 2.0.2.20 (or newer) “on top” of your current version. I’m not super familiar with Mac so if that doesn’t work, I’d suggest exporting your job to a text file then try deleting Duplicati and doing a fresh install of 2.0.2.20 (or newer).

Let me know if you’d prefer to work fully inside the Duplicati update process (though that will take some more time to pull others into the discussion.)

Thanks Jon. What I did is download the latest version not using the GUI and install that on top of the previous one. This is easily done in MacOS. I cleared the Updates folder of older versions. My jobs are still visible in the GUI.
I can continue to update in that manner. If you want me to test the inside - Duplicati GUI - update process in the future, just let me know.

I’m not sure if the “over-install” or the cleared updates folder is what solved it for you but I’m glad to hear you got it working - and thanks for the future testing offer! Hopefully now that you’re on the new update code it shouldn’t be necessary. :slight_smile:

I went ahead and flagged your post as the solution to help others who my bump into this.