Unknown error No transaction is active on this connection

Sorry, I am not a computer expert, and I might not describe the problem properly. Please ask if there are further questions.

I downloaded Duplicati, defined a procedure, and started to save the data. After some seconds, I received the message “unknown error No transaction is active on this connection”.

I use Windows 11.

Please assist.

Best regards, Ernest

Welcome to the forum @Ernest

On Source screen, where is the data coming from? Can a different small source selection do a backup?
On Destination screen, what is the Storage Type? Does the Test connection button report success?
If you changed the Options screen, please say how.

What’s in destination folder? I wouldn’t expect much after a few seconds. Can you confirm it’s empty?

Check the server log at About → Show log → Stored. Any reports there from about the time of failure?

After a failure, the Show log for the job’s backup usually finds no logs, but you can double-check that…

If problem is reproducible, you can watch About → Show log → Live → Verbose for some initial logging. Possibly Profiling level will be needed, but it’s very noisy, so I’m starting at a middle level that’s briefer…

Same problem here.

31 de dic. de 2023 12:33: Fatal error
31 de dic. de 2023 12:33: Operation Put with file duplicati-b62e9b685a3c242e097f52b841cbc2d37.dblock.zip.aes attempt 1 of 6 failed with message: unknown error No transaction is active on this connection
31 de dic. de 2023 12:31: Backend event: Put - Completed: duplicati-b62e9b685a3c242e097f52b841cbc2d37.dblock.zip.aes (16,77 MB)
31 de dic. de 2023 12:30: Uploading fragment 1/2 of remote file duplicati-b62e9b685a3c242e097f52b841cbc2d37.dblock.zip.aes
31 de dic. de 2023 12:30: Uploading fragment 0/2 of remote file duplicati-b62e9b685a3c242e097f52b841cbc2d37.dblock.zip.aes
31 de dic. de 2023 12:30: Backend event: Put - Started: duplicati-b62e9b685a3c242e097f52b841cbc2d37.dblock.zip.aes (16,77 MB)

Error detail:

31 de dic. de 2023 12:33: Operation Put with file duplicati-b62e9b685a3c242e097f52b841cbc2d37.dblock.zip.aes attempt 1 of 6 failed with message: unknown error No transaction is active on this connection
{“errorCode”:“Unknown”,“ClassName”:“System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteException”,“Message”:“unknown error\r\nNo transaction is active on this connection”,“Data”:null,“InnerException”:null,“HelpURL”:null,“StackTraceString”:" en System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteTransactionBase.IsValid(Boolean throwError)\r\n en System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteTransaction.Commit()\r\n en Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Common.DatabaseCommon.<>c__DisplayClass7_0.b__0()\r\n en Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Common.SingleRunner.<>c__DisplayClass3_0.b__0()\r\n en Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Common.SingleRunner.d__2`1.MoveNext()\r\n— Fin del seguimiento de la pila de la ubicación anterior donde se produjo la excepción —\r\n en System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()\r\n en System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)\r\n en Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.BackendUploader.d__24.MoveNext()\r\n— Fin del seguimiento de la pila de la ubicación anterior donde se produjo la excepción —\r\n en System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()\r\n en System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)\r\n en Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.BackendUploader.<>c__DisplayClass20_0.<b__0>d.MoveNext()\r\n— Fin del seguimiento de la pila de la ubicación anterior donde se produjo la excepción —\r\n en System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()\r\n en Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.BackendUploader.d__21.MoveNext()",“RemoteStackTraceString”:null,“RemoteStackIndex”:0,“ExceptionMethod”:“8\nIsValid\nSystem.Data.SQLite, Version=1.0.111.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=db937bc2d44ff139\nSystem.Data.SQLite.SQLiteTransactionBase\nBoolean IsValid(Boolean)”,“HResult”:-2147467259,“Source”:“System.Data.SQLite”,“WatsonBuckets”:null}

I think it is a matter of free disk space. I changed the temp folder to a ramdrive some time ago and now, when I have tried to build a bug report duplicati complains about free disk space.
I will report if changing temp path back to defaults solves the problem.

Update:
After changing temp path to defaults the problem has gone.