University OneDrive Backup Failed Connection

Migrating from Live SDK to Microsoft Graph is the Microsoft move that killed the original OneDrive API.

OneDrive failing : “The remote server returned an error: (410) Gone.” is the way that failed in Duplicati.

It looks like the old SharePoint API lives longer, but there’s also a newer API based on Microsoft Graph which some Duplicati users have used when the old API shows problems, and that was the suggestion. Current error might be easier to debug.

I don’t know their confusing product line, with numerous highly different things branded under OneDrive. What your university is using is also unknown to me, though some education version seems plausible…

I don’t personally have access to any such things, so help may be limited unless somebody else does it.

Now that at least it is letting you in, you can see what you can see from whatever location server used.

On the job menu, try Verify files then go to the job menu Show log → Remote to expand that list. Possibly you’ll recognize something. I vaguely recall other weirdnesses, but I forget whether it was with OneDrive or Google. Some people have also been subject to things administrators did and wouldn’t fix.