Unable to use python script as run-script-before under windows 10

I am using duplicati (latest stable|beta) with windows 10.

I want to set a run-script-before-required to use a python script like:

--run-script-before-required="C:\Program Files\Python39\python.exe" C:\Users\thomas\Scripts\myscript.py

The command "C:\Program Files\Python39\python.exe" C:\Users\thomas\Scripts\myscript.py works fine in some shell (‘Command prompt’ (cmd), cygwin, …),

But duplicati says Falscher Parameter (engl: ‘wrong parameter’): 2020-11-19 20_40_46-Duplicati

I have tried to set the quotes different, but it always fails.

If I put the same statement in a batch-file (myscript.bat) and use that batch-file for --run-script-before-required, everything works fine.

Is it a bug or what am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance
Thomas

You can’t use command line parameters when specifying the script.

The usual workaround is to create a wrapper script. So change Duplicati to run a script like C:\Users\thomas\Scripts\pre-backup.cmd (example) and then the contents of this cmd would be:

"C:\Program Files\Python39\python.exe" C:\Users\thomas\Scripts\myscript.py

Hope this helps.

Thank you

I would like to return the exit-code of the script to duplicati. Is this possible with a cmd file?

Yes, in a batch (cmd) script you can use exit n where n is the errorlevel.

If you want to use the errorlevel returned by the previous command (your python script), then I believe you can use: exit %errorlevel%

That should work as long as python.exe will pass the error level of your python script back to the calling process (cmd).