Unable to Install on Debian Mint: Cannot install 'gtk-sharp2'

I’m far from having a pristine system, but still, the errors look so ridiculous i thought i’d share to see if anyone had any thoughts, or if these particular dependencies might go away soon.

When trying to install gtk-sharp2 directly, i get this information:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
 gtk-sharp2 : Depends: libglade2.0-cil-dev (= 2.12.10-5.1) but it is not going to be installed
              Depends: libglib2.0-cil-dev (= 2.12.10-5.1) but it is not going to be installed
              Depends: libgtk2.0-cil-dev (= 2.12.10-5.1) but it is not going to be installed

Following the turtles down:

$ sudo apt-get install libglade2.0-cil-dev

libglade2.0-cil-dev : Depends: libgtk2.0-cil-dev (= 2.12.10-5.1) but it is not going to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

$ sudo apt-get install libgtk2.0-cil-dev

libgtk2.0-cil-dev : Depends: libglib2.0-cil-dev (= 2.12.10-5.1) but it is not going to be installed
                     Depends: libgtk2.0-cil (= 2.12.10-5.1) but 2.12.40-2~bpo8+1 is to be installed

$ sudo apt-get install libglib2.0-cil-dev

libglib2.0-cil-dev : Depends: libglib2.0-cil (= 2.12.10-5.1) but 2.12.40-2~bpo8+1 is to be installed

I know this is a bit down the chain, and not in Duplicati directly, but gtk-sharp2 seems to have some awfully precise version requirements of its dependencies. Any hope?

What version of Mint is this?

Last I checked, it installed fine on Ubuntu, and AFAIK Mint shares the repos.

Maybe you have something else installed that pulls in another version of a library?

I’m getting the same error…I can’t uninstall Duplicati either? Software manager doesn’t show it installed?

Hi, I am running Linux mint. Libglade can be seen in Synaptic package manager.
Uninstalling Duplicati cab be done by opening the .deb package and select uninstall.