Unable to continue my backups due to File Inconsistency - Please help

Essentially yes, but it will happen more like this (assuming the .sqlite file is gone):

1. It will start with “Verifying backend data…” (at which point it will create an “empty” .sqlite file)
  2. It will then complain about “Found ### remote files that are not recorded in local storage, please run repair”
  3. You’ll then have to use the job menu “Advanced → Database…” and select “Repair” at which point it will process all the remote dlist (and maybe dindex) files to rebuild the local database

However, the initial error of GetRequestStream timed out makes me feel that you’ll still have issues because your provider is timing out on file requests. This can happen if you have a very large backup (or small dblock size) resulting in a lot of remote files that the provider takes so long to list that things time out.

If that’s really what’s going on then you’ll likely find that the timeout errors come almost exactly 10 min. after the previous step runs as that is the default HTTP request timeout. You could try upgrading to (or running a portable copy of) the latest Canary which gets you access to the --http-operation-timeout parameter which let’s you tell web requests to wait longer than the default (I think 10m) before timing out:

If you’re totally fed up and just want to get to your backup you could download all your remote destination files to a local drive and try a repair or restore from there. Once the potential issues with remote requests and internet speeds have been removed I expect you’ll find things work just fine and you won’t have lost anything in your backup.

@kenkendk, is there a way to do a local database rebuild from manually downloaded dlist and dindex files only, or are dblock files needed as well?

1 Like