TrueNAS Shares Not Showing As Source

I have installed the duplicati community plugin from the TrueNAS plugins library. I then shutdown the jail and proceeded to configure the mount points to add in my existing share to use as the source. After starting the plugin up again no matter what I try I can’t seem to get the shares to show as an available source.

In the duplicati mount points (TrueNAS Jails) screen I am specify the source as “/mnt/Storage/Scan/” (without quotes) and the destination as “/mnt/SSD-SAS6-2.5-SAMSUNG/iocage/jails/duplicati/root/mnt/Scan/” (without quotes). I have tried without the trailing slash on both but that didn’t seem to make a difference.

From what I can tell the plugin is running as the root user. I am using TrueNAS-12.0-U5.1.

Welcome to the forum @DataGenie

Dupliact in FreeNAS Jail - User/Permissions is a rather long discussion with some tests and solutions.
I don’t run TrueNAS or FreeNAS, but the search box at top of this screen might find some other advice.

In the Jail, duplicati runs as a user. You can find out which user by typing cat /etc/passwd there will likley be a user duplicati, make a note of the number that is the UID.
In TN create a new user as the same name and the same ID. Give that user access to the files and you should be good to go

1 Like