Transferring backup jobs from one computer to another

Hi all,

I am transplanting my hard disks from one computer to another - want to know is there an easy way to transfer my backup settings from existing computer to the new one.

Basically system drive will be new (and fresh install of duplicati) but the data drives (with all associated paths) will still be the same and the target backup locations all unchanged too. Not sure if there is a config file I can just transplant over to get it done easily.

Advice appreciated!

All settings, local databases and backup jobs are stored in a single folder. Depending on your installation type (assuming it’s Windows), this folder can be found in one of the following locations:

• User-based instsall:
    %APPDATA%\Duplicati or %LOCALAPPDATA%\Duplicati
  • Service-based install
    %WINDIR%\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\Duplicati or %WINDIR%\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Duplicati
  • Portable installation:
    Data under the program folder.

You can copy the complete folder to the new computer to migrate all settings en backup configs.

If a new Windows installation has been done on the new host, I’m not sure if backing up metadata is handled correctly on the new system due to difference in ACL’s.

2 Likes