Thunderbird Inbox file

Hi Everyone,
I’m starting to use Duplicati 2 to backup my impotant file, some of this is the Tunderbird Profiles folder.
I configured the backup of the folder and start it, the folder is very large and the file ‘inbox’ is over 9 GB, so the program warnig me that it’s unable to backup this file.
Have I to do somthing in particular? Is Duplicati able to buckup file of this size? Have Anyone a solution for this? Actually I brutally copied the file :roll_eyes: in the folder of the backup and noted down in the backup configureation page.
Many Thanks.

It’s not the size of the file, but probably because the file is open/locked by Thunderbird.

One option is to configure Duplicati to use snapshots. In order for snapshots to work, you need to have Duplicati run with elevated privileges.

Perhaps an enhancement would be to have Duplicati recommend running in admin mode.

I’m just guessing…
Perhaps you need to set the “zip-compression-zip64” option. It’s description is “The zip64 format is required for files larger than 4GiB, use this flag to toggle it”.

That would be referencing the remote volume size…which IMO would be crazy to have it set over 4GB. Default is 50MB.

Remember that source files are broken into chunks (default 100KB) for deduplication, then packages into volume blocks for uploading. The remote volume blocks are zipped.

Thanks you for helping to everyone.
Here is the warning message of the program:

Warnings 1

2019-08-23 08.27.27 +02 - [Warning-Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.FileBlockProcessor.FileEntry-PathProcessingFailed]: Failed to process path: C:\Users\Amministrazione\AppData\Roaming\Thunderbird\Profiles\r2dvt4u2.default\Mail\pop.parenti.it\Inbox

Errors 0

:roll_eyes:

The default one-line message may lack important information below it showing a reason for the problem. Could you try live log (About --> Show log --> Live --> Warning) to see if you get lines below the warning? Adding the –log-file option would be a roughly equivalent method, if you would rather do logging into a file.

Thanks you for helping to everyone, again.
I tried to brutally copy the file: “inbox”, which has a size geater than 9GB, in the PC folder where I alrady tried the backup with Duplicati, aftre a few minutes I received an error:" Cannot find the souce file" or something like that, so I tried the copy on the same PC and the same error message appared. :roll_eyes: At the moment I can’t copy this file so the problem is the file itself or the disk :face_with_raised_eyebrow: I suppose and not Duplicati :slightly_smiling_face:
I’ll keep you update