"The system detected a possible attempt to compromise security. Please ensure that you can contact the server that authenticated you."

The virtual (Windows 7 1CPU 4G of memory) system this was running on was just recently recovered and seems to be running much more slowly than usual that I had to increase the timeout to prevent the service from failing to startup. It runs fine when I kick off a backup manually but scheduled backups all fail with:

“The system detected a possible attempt to compromise security. Please ensure that you can contact the server that authenticated you.”

I am going to try and get another 4G of memory and another CPU to see if that solves it.

Any Other Ideas?

Hello

your error message don’t appear anywhere in the Duplicati source code, so I’d assume that you are reading somewhere in the Duplicati logs where it was coming from the server where you are backing up to.
Could you provide more info about the backend, and a screenshot of the error message ?
Off the top of my head, this is suggesting something like a SFTP server where the client has changed and needs to accept again the public key, but it’s mere speculation here.

and what is the backend ?

a synology diskstation

that’s a file backend accessed via SMB/CIFS ?

The backend is SFTP (SSH)

the key is probably in the SFTP advanced options (second tab of the backup config). I’d try to set ssh-accept-any-fingerprints. You did not set ssh-key or ssh-keyfile options by any chance ? Or the problem is at the server level. Did you try to connect with SSH/SFTP manually, using Putty or Psftp, with the same credentials ?

The last scheduled backup worked about an hour ago so this may be an intermittent issue. I deleted the old fingerprint and it prompted me to accept a new one. I think the issue is probably related to the system being recreated with about half of the resources it initially had so I am going to investigate that.

Thank you for your help