The operation that is being attempted is not allowed because it exceeds the list view threshold that the administrator has forcibly set

Hello to everyone! Yesterday I caught the new error, but previously all was good.

The error I see on Russian (the Windows Server 2019 is): “Операция, попытка выполнить которую осуществляется, запрещена, поскольку она превышает пороговое значение представления списка, принудительно установленное администратором.”. I think it can be translated: “The operation that is being attempted is not allowed because it exceeds the list view threshold that the administrator has forcibly set.”. I don’t understand, what doesn’t it mean and what the reason of it.

I don’t remember to change something about it.

Here are live logs:
Oct 6, 2020 10:45 AM: Starting - ExecuteNonQuery: PRAGMA optimize
Oct 6, 2020 10:45 AM: Fatal error
{“ServerStackTrace”:"",“ServerErrorCode”:-2147024860,“ServerErrorValue”:null,“ServerErrorTypeName”:“Microsoft.SharePoint.SPQueryThrottledException”,“ServerErrorDetails”:null,“ServerErrorTraceCorrelationId”:“c3f0809f-c0c3-2000-46d6-6d50bf0a8fd5”,“Message”:“Операция, попытка выполнить которую осуществляется, запрещена, поскольку она превышает пороговое значение представления списка, принудительно установленное администратором.”,“Data”:{},“InnerException”:null,“StackTrace”:" в Duplicati.Library.Main.BackendManager.List()\r\n в Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.FilelistProcessor.RemoteListAnalysis(BackendManager backend, Options options, LocalDatabase database, IBackendWriter log, String protectedfile)\r\n в Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.FilelistProcessor.VerifyRemoteList(BackendManager backend, Options options, LocalDatabase database, IBackendWriter log, String protectedfile)\r\n в Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.BackupHandler.PreBackupVerify(BackendManager backend, String protectedfile)\r\n в Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.BackupHandler.d__20.MoveNext()\r\n— Конец трассировка стека из предыдущего расположения, где возникло исключение —\r\n в System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()\r\n в CoCoL.ChannelExtensions.WaitForTaskOrThrow(Task task)\r\n в Duplicati.Library.Main.Controller.<>c__DisplayClass14_0.b__0(BackupResults result)\r\n в Duplicati.Library.Main.Controller.RunAction[T](T result, String& paths, IFilter& filter, Action1 method)\r\n в Duplicati.Library.Main.Controller.Backup(String[] inputsources, IFilter filter)\r\n в Duplicati.Server.Runner.Run(IRunnerData data, Boolean fromQueue)","HelpLink":null,"Source":"Duplicati.Library.Main","HResult":-2146233088} Oct 6, 2020 10:45 AM: Including path as no filters matched: F:\Документы\Отдел разработки\_Стороннее ПО\DelphiComponents\JVCL345CompleteJCL231-Build4197\jvcl\examples\JvBalloonHint\JvBalloonHintMainFormU.dfm Oct 6, 2020 10:45 AM: PreBackupVerify took 0:00:00:48.534 Oct 6, 2020 10:45 AM: Backend event: List - Failed: () Oct 6, 2020 10:45 AM: Operation List with file attempt 5 of 5 failed with message: Операция, попытка выполнить которую осуществляется, запрещена, поскольку она превышает пороговое значение представления списка, принудительно установленное администратором. {"ServerStackTrace":"","ServerErrorCode":-2147024860,"ServerErrorValue":null,"ServerErrorTypeName":"Microsoft.SharePoint.SPQueryThrottledException","ServerErrorDetails":null,"ServerErrorTraceCorrelationId":"c3f0809f-c0c3-2000-46d6-6d50bf0a8fd5","Message":"Операция, попытка выполнить которую осуществляется, запрещена, поскольку она превышает пороговое значение представления списка, принудительно установленное администратором.","Data":{},"InnerException":null,"StackTrace":" в Duplicati.Library.Main.BackendManager.List()\r\n в Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.FilelistProcessor.RemoteListAnalysis(BackendManager backend, Options options, LocalDatabase database, IBackendWriter log, String protectedfile)\r\n в Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.FilelistProcessor.VerifyRemoteList(BackendManager backend, Options options, LocalDatabase database, IBackendWriter log, String protectedfile)\r\n в Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.BackupHandler.PreBackupVerify(BackendManager backend, String protectedfile)\r\n в Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.BackupHandler.<RunAsync>d__20.MoveNext()\r\n--- Конец трассировка стека из предыдущего расположения, где возникло исключение ---\r\n в System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()\r\n в CoCoL.ChannelExtensions.WaitForTaskOrThrow(Task task)\r\n в Duplicati.Library.Main.Controller.<>c__DisplayClass14_0.<Backup>b__0(BackupResults result)\r\n в Duplicati.Library.Main.Controller.RunAction[T](T result, String[]& paths, IFilter& filter, Action1 method)\r\n в Duplicati.Library.Main.Controller.Backup(String inputsources, IFilter filter)\r\n в Duplicati.Server.Runner.Run(IRunnerData data, Boolean fromQueue)",“HelpLink”:null,“Source”:“Duplicati.Library.Main”,“HResult”:-2146233088}
Oct 6, 2020 10:45 AM: Including path as no filters matched: F:\Документы\Отдел разработки_Стороннее ПО\DelphiComponents\JVCL345CompleteJCL231-Build4197\jvcl\examples\JvBalloonHint\BalloonPrj.res

Looks like you are using SharePoint for the back end? It has a 5000 item limit which will cause problems for Duplicati depending on your backup size, remote volume size, and your retention settings.

I’m not an expert on SharePoint back ends but I THINK you might be able to switch Duplicati to use “SharePoint v2”. I believe that doesn’t have the 5000 item limit, but I don’t know if it requires a certain version of SP on the back end.

1 Like

I don’t use any Sharepoint back end, but with your help I found the solution.

OneDrive for Business uses SP, so I changed my destination to “OneDrive v2” and of course, corrected the path and the problem is gone. BTW I saw a warning with ignored options -auth-name and -auth-pass, but after I changed to “OneDrive for Business” again and deleted login and pass and returned to “OneDrive v2” the warnings were gone too.