'Stop Backup' doesn't work

I’m trying to restore something from my backup, but as soon as I open the UI, the progress indicator says “Starting Backup.” So the database is locked, and I can’t do anything. I’ve tried ‘Stop after upload’ and ‘stop now,’ but neither one does a thing.

How do I stop the backup so I can restore something?

running Duplicati - 2.0.4.5_beta_2018-11-28 on Linux Mint 17.1:

lastEventId : 26

lastDataUpdateId : 11
lastNotificationUpdateId : 4
estimatedPauseEnd : 0001-01-01T00:00:00
activeTask : {“Item1”:2,“Item2”:“1”}
programState : Paused
lastErrorMessage :
connectionState : connected
xsfrerror : false
connectionAttemptTimer : 0
failedConnectionAttempts : 0
lastPgEvent : {“BackupID”:“1”,“TaskID”:2,“BackendAction”:“List”,“BackendPath”:null,“BackendFileSize”:0,“BackendFileProgress”:0,“BackendSpeed”:-1,“BackendIsBlocking”:false,“CurrentFilename”:null,“CurrentFilesize”:0,“CurrentFileoffset”:0,“Phase”:“Backup_Begin”,“OverallProgress”:0,“ProcessedFileCount”:0,“ProcessedFileSize”:0,“TotalFileCount”:0,“TotalFileSize”:0,“StillCounting”:false}
updaterState : Waiting
updatedVersion :
updateReady : false
updateDownloadProgress : 0
proposedSchedule : [{“Item1”:“1”,“Item2”:“2018-12-15T10:00:00Z”}]
schedulerQueueIds :
pauseTimeRemain : 0

1 Like

Sounds like maybe we’re experiencing similar issues, actually.

Is there any support here??

Hello… your original post may have been missed somehow. I know there are other discussions about how this feature is currently broken. Hopefully someone is working on it!

A PR is in for ‘Stop after current upload’ which allows the backup to cleanly stop.

Same problem here. I click on “stop now” but the job doesn’t stop. It remains stuck forever.
Ha anything changed since 2018?

What version? Stop now was supposedly fixed in 2.0.5.104, so the changes haven’t shown up in the beta channel yet.

Ordinarily a Stop is intended to stop the running backup. Was yours stuck before you asked it to stop?
Maybe you’re seeing something else? Neither “Stop after current file” or “Stop now” are instantaneous.

I’ve just updated to 2.0.5.110_canary_2020-08-10. I don’t remember which version I has before, but I update regularly.

How can I be sure that the running job is not stuck? Furthermore, is it possible to have the “stop job” button working even for a stuck job, or have I always to terminate duplicate process and launch it again?
Anyway, I decidea to post here after I tried it during a restore process. And yes, I know that I have to wait for a while.

Motion, e.g. GUI, or About → Show log → Live → (maybe at Verbose, then Profiling)
If you have a rare “stuck” issue, log-file and log-file-log-level may be easier for posting.

I think Duplicati (when running right) checks periodically for requests like pause or stop.
To know more certainly, maybe a developer more familiar with the design will comment.
The goal is probably to program a clean stop. Sudden kill is more likely to leave a mess.

should be in 2.0.5.1, but I think “Stop now” could still do a less-than-very-clean stop.