Status of progress and result last copy

You’re beyond me there, but for whatever it’s worth, the Duplicati GUI is in JavaScript + AngularJS, communicating to the Duplicati web server over its usual URL such as http:://localhost:8200

Duplicati Client is a Python script using the same undocumented-but-reverse-engineered API, and PowerShell script to run Duplicati GUI jobs by @JimboJones (who’s been replying) also uses API.

If you can screen-scrape for info, About → System info Server state properties has progress clues.
I haven’t heard of anyone trying that approach yet, but it exists, has less than the API, but is easier.

It’s hard to do right from scratch, but once setup in the GUI, an Export As Command-line is prebuilt.
False impression that CLI and GUI are inter-connected.has more history, and how those two relate. Different use cases and users may have different preferences, but CLI gives some progress words. Scripting languages typically have an ability to run things and study their status outputs in real-time. Mentioned originally because you wanted progress status, and text parsing is easier than API polls.

This is a third-party project, so is supported by its creator not the main forum, but does take requests.

Duplicati project has more than it can handle with the main work, thus it has reporting feeds to build on. Beyond that, I know of no plans to produce monitoring tools, but as mentioned, third parties have them.
Google search quickly saw several. We’ve already discussed two of the main ones, but there are more.

Duplicati-monitoring.com - central monitoring of multiple Duplicati instances + nice email reports
Announcing dupReport - A Duplicati Email Report Summary Generator (which can feed Apprise)
Apprise - Push Notifications that work with just about every platform!
Duplicati Dashboard - Monitoring solution
Get last backup status for PRTG sensor
Use Nagios for Duplicati Monitoring
Apologies to any I missed, and I didn’t even try to repeat the suggestions and links in the topics above.

That’s why very serious backup doesn’t rely on any one program, but I don’t know your reliability needs. Following the forum will show its rate of breakage, and https://usage-reporter.duplicati.com/ its use rate.

Canary is also not recommended for production because it gets new features, fixes, and possibly bugs. Occasionally it breaks and needs a respin, so consider watching release feedback from early adopters.

Good practices for well-maintained backups has other things you might consider to keep things healthy.