Some kind of disk I/O error occurred disk I/O error

Hello @jamesishoward and welcome to the forum!

Please (if possible) post all lines of the error. Commonly there’s some sort of exception and a big stack trace.

Examples:

Backup falied: Some kind of disk I/O error occurred
Some kind of disk I/O error occurred

and the message itself is not in Duplicati source. SQLite seems to be the usual source (per Google search).

If this is SQLite seeing an error, it has both the very non-specific error code, and better ones which look like:

Extended Result CodesExtended Result Codes

Stated more precisely, I think the exact words are from a library that connects with the low-level SQLite code but which didn’t have wording for extended result codes, last I looked (or I might be wrong about the details).

If the complaint is SQLite and is per-job, you can find the path to the job SQLite database on the job menu.

Database management explains some of the things you could try, such as moving the database elsewhere. Obviously you must be careful if a backup is important. Ideally, you’d have a bad one you cared less about.

If the logs you refer to are per-job logs (About --> Show log or –log-file, those are kept in the job database. Setting up a separate log with a heavy –log-level could possibly catch something that’s going on, and you could also watch live with the log level of your choice in a different tab that’s at About --> Show log --> Live.

Does any of this give you a start on figuring out what’s going wrong? You could possibly trace system calls, searching for an actual I/O error (there might also be system logs), but I don’t know if you would locate one.

Thanks for offering to help. You might have already read the two forum posts I cited that were never solved.