[Solved] AES Decryption failing

System Information:
Mono: 6.6.0.161
Duplicati: v2.0.4.38 & v2.0.4.28 (Running on different servers)

Hello,

We are currently using Duplicati to backup to Google Drive and have recently discovered that any attempts to restore data will result in the following error:
2019-12-31 16:53:05 +13 - [Error-Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.RestoreHandler-PatchingFailed]: Failed to patch with remote file: "duplicati-b5a41a8ebcafc4c0389d9e0cfaa1a8e9b.dblock.zip.aes", message: Failed to decrypt data (invalid passphrase?): Invalid password or corrupted data

The issue is that the block is question is not corrupt, I can manually download this file from Google Drive and successfully decrypt, extract and view the files.

If anyone has any ideas on fixing this issue it would be greatly appreciated.

Turns out that the FireFox setting Autofill login and passwords was causing the issue, FireFox seems to be auto-filling a hidden field on the restore page which is changing the password used for decryption.

2 Likes

Thank you for following up with what you found - it may help other users in the future.

Welcome to the forum!

Thank you for posting, this resolved my issue as well.

Password saver may autofill too many places, getting --auth-password is not supported #4102
was filed on a different field. Firefox fills lots of them, and I don’t know if Duplicati can stop it…