Sia integration

Hello

I’m trying to set up Duplicati with Sia using this guide:

When I run a small test backup all seems fine but Duplicati UI says source: 63MB, Backup 0 bytes / 0 Versions. And the file is not visible in Sia-Ui. When I run it a second time I get this error message:
"/renter/delete/test/duplicati-20190328T204758Z%2Edlist%2Ezip failed, response: {“message”:“API authentication failed.”} "

Yes, Sia changed their API authentication process recently. Duplicati version 2.0.4.16 or higher supports the correct API authentication. The blog post you’re following doesn’t have the necessary API authentication bits in place. I recommend reaching out for help in the Sia Discord if you need help getting it going.

Is Sia ready for personal computer backup? There were issues before in terms of Sia requiring a minimum file size of maybe 40 MB, and so all files were scaled up that amount, also maybe it would be expense to restore an entire archive in the event of a hard drive problem?

Is there any more detail on this available? My prior existing Sia test backup still fails, and the error messages contain language about API authentication, while at the same time no new options seem to be available for its configuration.

Is Sia ready for personal computer backup? There were issues before in terms of Sia requiring a minimum file size of maybe 40 MB, and so all files were scaled up that amount.

Sia still pads files to increments of 40MiB. However, when using Duplicati this limit doesn’t incur much waste since you can set the volume size as large as you want. We typically recommend a Volume size of 500MB or larger.

it would be expense to restore an entire archive in the event of a hard drive problem?

Sia has extremely inexpensive download bandwidth costs. The actual costs depend on the contracts your Sia daemon has, but they are usually a few cents/terabyte download.

Is there any more detail on this available? My prior existing Sia test backup still fails, and the error messages contain language about API authentication, while at the same time no new options seem to be available for its configuration.

What details do you need? You need to get the API password for your Sia installation and input it into Duplicati under “Server Password”. Feel free to join the Sia Discord for real-time help.

1 Like

Well, basically just this probably. I’ve been unable to find any clues as to how to do this.

Edit: never mind… a more careful google search (i’d tried before, honest) brought me here.

Did you get this working? I’m still getting “response: {“message”:“API authentication failed.”}” when using the API under server password.

Yup - getting the api password (as instructed in the link I posted) was all I needed to get it working.

Were you putting it into the server password field in Duplicati?

I’m using the latest version:
UI Version: 1.4.1
Daemon: 1.4.1-rc2

I’m not at home to double check, but yes it was something just as easy as that.

Ya it’s weird it isn’t working for me. I’m waiting for a response in discord and will update in case someone is searching for this.

Also - which canary of Duplicati are you currently on?

You are currently running Duplicati - 2.0.4.23_beta_2019-07-14

That was it, I didn’t know there were so many different versions. Thank you, working now!

1 Like