I’m about 5 GB into my first SIA backup, and something seems to be wrong with the setting for Redundancy. Initially it was set to 3 and I realized it MAJORLY delays the completion of one chunk and the start of the next chunk as it waits for the sometimes long delay between ~2.5x and 3x.
I aborted the backup job and now I have “minimum redundancy” set to 2 instead of 3, but as far as I can tell, chunks getting uploaded are still waiting until they hit 3 before moving on.
I noticed that the minimum redundancy is 2 and i think this is a big mistake. I think it should be 1x (and support decimals past that, i’m unclear whether it does) – if I understand the way this system works at all, the pieces which reach 1x will get their redundancy boosted automatically by the daemon even after Duplicati moves onto the next chunk. Someone please correct me if I’m wrong on that. But in any case, it seems to be completely ignoring the “2” setting I have set now.
Edit: by way of further testing, I just observed a single backup volume take 30 minutes to complete uploading - it was sitting at 2.9x for at least the second half of that timespan (despite the fact that I have minimum redundancy set to 2 currently).
Edit again: I’ve been waiting 45 minutes for a 245kb dindex file to finish uploading (stuck at 2.9x for 99% of the time) and out of boredom I’ve checked the advanced options on the backup config, and i notice that here it claims the minimum redundancy is 3, even though the regular option field allows it to be set as low as 2: