Server internal error for box.com

My backup job to box.com continues to fail. THe job runs quietly but the final uploading task ends with an error that the email logs as follows:

Failed: Si sono verificati uno o più errori.
Details: System.AggregateException: Si sono verificati uno o più errori. ---> System.AggregateException: Errore del server remoto: (500) Errore interno del server. ---> System.Net.WebException: Errore del server remoto: (500) Errore interno del server.
   in CoCoL.AutomationExtensions.<RunTask>d__10`1.MoveNext()
--- Fine traccia dello stack da posizione precedente dove è stata generata l'eccezione ---
   in System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
   in System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   in Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.BackupHandler.<FlushBackend>d__18.MoveNext()
--- Fine traccia dello stack da posizione precedente dove è stata generata l'eccezione ---
   in System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   in Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.BackupHandler.<RunAsync>d__19.MoveNext()
   --- Fine della traccia dello stack dell'eccezione interna ---
   in CoCoL.ChannelExtensions.WaitForTaskOrThrow(Task task)
   in Duplicati.Library.Main.Controller.<>c__DisplayClass13_0.<Backup>b__0(BackupResults result)
   in Duplicati.Library.Main.Controller.RunAction[T](T result, String[]& paths, IFilter& filter, Action`1 method)
---> (Eccezione interna 0) System.AggregateException: Errore del server remoto: (500) Errore interno del server. ---> System.Net.WebException: Errore del server remoto: (500) Errore interno del server.
   in Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.BackupHandler.<FlushBackend>d__18.MoveNext()
---> (Eccezione interna 0) System.Net.WebException: Errore del server remoto: (500) Errore interno del server.
   in Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.BackupHandler.<RunAsync>d__19.MoveNext()<---

---> (Eccezione interna 1) System.AggregateException: Si sono verificati uno o più errori. ---> System.Net.WebException: Errore del server remoto: (500) Errore interno del server.
---> (Eccezione interna 0) System.Net.WebException: Errore del server remoto: (500) Errore interno del server.
   in Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.BackupHandler.<RunAsync>d__19.MoveNext()<---
<---
<---

Log data:
2019-10-27 10:41:46 +01 - [Warning-Duplicati.Library.Main.Controller-UnsupportedOption]: L'opzione fornita --auth-username non è supportata e sarà ignorata
2019-10-27 10:41:46 +01 - [Warning-Duplicati.Library.Main.Controller-UnsupportedOption]: L'opzione fornita --auth-password non è supportata e sarà ignorata
2019-10-27 11:42:38 +01 - [Error-Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.BackupHandler-FatalError]: Fatal error
System.Net.WebException: Errore del server remoto: (500) Errore interno del server.

On your job screen 2, is Storage Type under Standard protocols as WebDAV or under Proprietary as Box.com? The error was returned from the remote server, and you could ask box.com support about it too.

Errore del server remoto: (500) Errore interno del server. ---> System.Net.WebException: Errore del server remoto: (500) Errore interno del server.

Proprietary. I wonder if somebody else experienced the same error.

box.com support seems worth asking, whether there’s a general issue or something specific to you.
Possibly they have some additional records on their server internal errors, but I wouldn’t bet on that.

There are no other reports on this forum that I’m aware of. Google isn’t showing a widespread issue.
https://usage-reporter.duplicati.com/ shows Box.com usage running at its relatively small typical rate.

What does your “continues to fail” mean? Did it work before then start failing, or has it never worked?

Does the “Test connection” button on the “Destination” screen work OK? It’s usually a very short test.
There are command line test tools too, e.g. Duplicati.CommandLine.BackendTester.exe available too.

500 Internal Service Error is the documentation for the proprietary API. Although Duplicati doesn’t do exponential backoff, you can set –retry-delay to far higher than the default 10 seconds, if you wish to.

Are you able to see uploaded files in some Box web UI to verify that all uploads before the last work?
Why that might happen (if it did) isn’t clear. I don’t think it’s any different from an upload point of view.

You can also watch your uploads (and their retries) in live log at About → Show log → Live → Retry

What Duplicati version is this, and what OS is it on?

Nice. I was not aware of the existence of such report.

The job did work as expected until some weeks ago. As I have stated before “the job runs quietly but the final uploading task ends with an error that” is logged by email.

“Test connection” works.

Tried (60 seconds intead 10) but this causes another error (“Il flusso non supporta operazioni IO di lettura o scrittura simultanee”).
Sorry, I’m unable to understand exponential backoff.

My job keeps some hours. I cannot stay at the pc for all this time.

Duplicati 2.0.4.33_canary_2019-11-01 on Windows 8.1.

I appreciate your help. Anyway I cannot spend all my time trying to understand issues that maybe I’m unable to understand. Duplicati is a good software, but from time to time an error occurs and sometimes it is a bloodbath for me to fix things (following the hints of competent and kind people like you). I am essentially a user, not a developer (even if I know some JavaScript and I like to write JavaScript code).

I have experienced many troubles with box.com (proprietary) and google drive. I already gave up the latter, probably I will give up also the former.

Thank you for your help.

I’ve forgotten to say that in my experience mega.nz is the most reliable cloud destination.