Dear interested readers,
since christmass 2018-19 I’m running Duplicati on Raspberry Pi (v1.0). Motivation was to make incremental backup of live data on old ReadyNAS Duo (2009, including the HDD) so I backup each share once per week. I’m not friend of clouds, as well I’m not Linux expert. Any correction is welcome!
Install process, after minor issues went smooth, in short:
- apt-get install mono-complete
- install Duplicati DEB package
- raspi-config: Boot Options > Wait for Network at Boot > Yes
- /etc/fstab, add line: //192.168.1.xxx/share-name cifs defaults,uid=pi,gid=pi,user=XX, password=YY, vers=1.0,x-systemd.automount 0 0
- map USB-HDD by UUID
- configure backups for individual NAS shares, redirect databases to USB-HDD (since SD card on Rpi is told to be unreliable)
It’s working for me well for shares below 50GB. I have somehow issues with over 80GB shares:
2019-01-22 07:05:26 +01 - [Warning-Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.FilelistProcessor-MissingRemoteHash]: remote file duplicati-bc910cbb465a74cada11e07424cc4ad51.dblock.zip is listed as Verified with size 37138432 but should be 52400111, please verify the sha256 hash "EwZYachyI7eDweQD8LlA1AbcQidNoxDkh0LTVi2pXms="
but I hope it will be resolved soon.
Has anyone tried to run Duplicati on such hardware (which was for other tasks already replaced by v3.0)? Could you share your experience?