Running backups back-to-back, non-stop, after month offline?

I’ve had a month without being able to run backups because of recent canary versions never completing their runs; just downgraded to the 0402 beta (including database downgrade), and it seems to be running backups non-stop, back-to-back. The first new run completed unsuccessfully yesterday (database timeout on some final operation or other), then another run immediately ran and completed successfully in a little over 9 hours, then another run started immediately this morning, completing successfully in just under 3 hours, but as soon as that one completed it kicked off another run, which is progressing as I write.

Is it possible that after a month of not running its daily backups, Duplicati is now going to try to run thirty in a row?

Most likely there are NOT 30 runs in a row. Duplicati won’t add a job to the queue if it already exists there, so the most back-to-back that you might see would be 2 - a currently running one, and a scheduled one.

It’s possible you could see 3, but only if one the previous ones took so long that the scheduled time for the 3rd was passed.

The easiest way to see what’s coming up is to go to use main menu “About” -> “System info”, scroll down to “Server state properties” and check the proposedSchedule (what should happen eventually but isn’t actively in the queue, like the NEXT scheduled run of a job that is currently running) and schedulerQueueIds fields (what’s currently in the queue to be run).

In this example from my “Server state properties” you can see that the next job (#1) will run at 2018-08-02T08:22:00Z and there’s nothing else in the queue.

proposedSchedule : [{"Item1":"1","Item2":"2018-07-02T08:22:00Z"}]
schedulerQueueIds : []

Yes, I thought that it might run one or two, but four was a surprise. It did stop after that though, so will treat as a blip. Will look at proposedSchedule if this happens again, thanks.