Run script in installer

Hey there,
I am using Duplicati a while now and I was wondering if I can run a script(.bat) only for once at the installing-time of the app(in general before the app is used at all). I am guessing that for this to happen I have to change the WIX Toolset files which I am not that familiar. Is there another way from duplicati.exe etc?
Thanks

Hello

Since you are talking about a .bat file I’ll assume that you are considering only Windows, where you can write a script running the Duplicati installer in silent mode using the /q command line switch, and then running anything you want after that (running the Duplicati.WindowsService.exe install for example).

As with any such installer, you can run it with the /? command line switch to find more. I don’t know if there is a way to customize the default installer (not setting it up for run automatically), if you can explore that and post back your findings, it would be nice.
Edit: even if it’s not possible to not run automatically Duplicati at login using the installer, it is possible to customize this after the act by removing the file, probably

c:\users\all users\microsoft\windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\duplicati2.lnk

(this kind of location can differ from a Windows version to another, take care)