Run-script-after not work

Posting a copy of my comment on the github issue,

It’s a plausible explanation that the --run-script-after blocks the backup until duc finishes running, so it can get it’s return code.

I’m guessing the script wrapper works because it makes Windows fork a new process, so --run-script-after immediately stops because the script doesn’t have to do anything and duc is still launching.

@drwtsn32 Yeah! In these days I test this workaround with my backup jobs but for now it works with my backup job of test!

Duplicati looks like it will wait for its child cmd.exe (and in fact during my 5 minute timeout I saw the stack).

I was speculating that duc blocks until its backup finishes, but if it’s supposed to just schedule and leave, then I don’t know why it seemingly was stopping the show. I’m also not sure why @drwtsn32 's runs…

Yeah it definitely waits for my script to complete, because I know that if the script doesn’t complete within the default timeout period it will flag the backup result with a Warning.

When I use the script and duc to trigger the secondary backup job, I believe the Duplicati server dutifully queues it up so that it starts immediately after the main job finishes (which is probably less than a second after that run-script-after is executed)…

@Pectojin your explanation make sense but I try to launch manually my script when the “data backup” still running and duc commit correctly the next backup - of course, this second backkup starts when the first backup end.
In addition, why I get the timeout error? please note, according to post #9, the following log:

The request timed out. Is the server running?
Not logged in
Logging out…

Correspond to the following commands:

duplicati_client.exe login
duplicati_client.exe run 34
duplicati_client.exe logout

So, duplicati client executed “correctly” but duplicati seem not process the return code of the script. If I use another program (not duplicati client) in the script it works correctly. The bug looks like related to interaction between duplicati and duplicati client.

Turn on the “verbose” option so you can see the URL it is trying to connect to.

Ok, I try this. Duplicati client try connect to localhost:8200 and this is correct, I’m sure duplicati server listen on port 8200