Roll back failed Backup to the last successful one

The last backups from the Windows 10 PC to a NAS failed with [Warning-Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.FilelistProcessor-MissingRemoteHash]: remote file duplicati-…dblock.zip.aes is listed as Verified with size 26214400 but should be 52331853, please verify the sha256 hash “…”. I tried the local database repair without success. As I don’t care to loose the faililng backups: Is it possible to discard the faulty incremental backups and restart the incremental backups new from the last correct one?

You don’t have to discard a failed backup. (In fact, if it were a true failure, Duplicati probably already discarded it.)

The way Duplicati is designed keeps each backup version independent from the others. You may be thinking of some other backup applications where each incremental backup is dependent upon the chain of all incrementals that preceded it. This isn’t the case with Duplicati.

Try running another backup and see if it succeeds without error. If you get an error again we can try to help with troubleshooting.

1 Like

Thankk You for the fast response. I had the old fashioned idea, that incremental backups depend on the chain of backups. I have configured another backup which runs without failures. This request is closed for me.

Especially with 26214400 being a nice even hexadecimal 1900000, I hope you didn’t truncate a file.
Having a destination lose (or somehow not get) dblock files is never good, but the damage is limited because only some files and versions have any data in the dblock. See the link for more information.

There are many ways to test or verify files more completely, if you want to run a better test right now.

Or if “configured another backup” means a start-over, that should work unless it gets the same issue.