Restore from B2 with no local database

Browsing the files in my B2 bucket from the Backblaze web UI, I see multiple files with what look like two naming conventions: .dlist.zip.aes and .dindex.zip.aes (examples below). I am confident that the file destination is correct.

duplicati-20210927T130000Z.dlist.zip.aes
duplicati-ic60410fe84064e7db27f09565d2c137a.dindex.zip.aes

You make a good point about the freshness of the restored files versus the freshness of any recovered database. I’d been having trouble with Duplicati for a couple of weeks … the backup settings had disappeared, which happens occasionally for me after a system update in which case I follow these instructions to get them back. That did not work this time and this prompted me to make a full local backup prior to wiping my PC and building it anew.

I now have the situation where the remote backup files are a couple of weeks older than the freshly restored files that I now seek to backup. This might be a showstopper in terms of “inheriting” the remote backup. The more I think about it, the more I think it is probably a bad idea to pursue this course of action and should just start a new backup from scratch.

I hope I have answered the neglected questions. I’m leaning towards starting a new backup bucket unless you feel there is a better way to proceed.

Thanks again for your detailed responses to my post.