Restore error: Failed to patch file

Hello,
I try to restore a backup of some folders containing database files.
During backup the database has been stopped, and there has been no error reported during backup.
Now on a test restore, I get the following message for 4 database files:

Failed to patch file: “F:\restoreTEST\ACCOUNT4.DBF” with data from local file “F:\Albiswin\Server\ACCOUNT4.DBF”, message: Der Prozess kann nicht auf die Datei “\?\F:\Albiswin\Server\ACCOUNT4.DBF” zugreifen, da sie von einem anderen Prozess verwendet wird. => Der Prozess kann nicht auf die Datei “\?\F:\Albiswin\Server\ACCOUNT4.DBF” zugreifen, da sie von einem anderen Prozess verwendet wird.

In English, it says: the process cannot access File “\?\F:\Albiswin\Server\ACCOUNT4.DBF” as it is in use by another process.
Actually the file seems to be restored, but what does that error mean?
what means "failed to patch … " ?

Thank you!

Hello

when Duplicati restores data, it knows if it’s locally available and if yes, tries to get it directly from it (as in most cases it will be faster). In your case, you seems to have done a test restore in another location, but Duplicati has gotten files from the existing data.
As in some cases, the files where locked while in use, you got these warnings. What these warnings really mean is that in this case, Duplicati actually downloaded data from the backend.
If what you want is to really test backup data without this trick of getting data from local source, you can use the no-local-blocks advanced option.

Hello!
I tested the restore again using the no-local-blocks advanced option.
I can confirm that the error is gone, and that the whole restore - even if it was from a local USB disk - was somewhat slower.
Duplicati still has more intelligent features to discover.
Thank you very much!