to restore at “Original Location”.
Then I get the error:
Error while running Backupjob
Read-only file system

Restoring with the option “Select location”
and browsing the same place under /mnt/Foldername/FolderToRestore
works.

Why can’t I restore at “Original Location”

Same place as what? Is that the original location, despite the naming?

Please talk about the original location, how it’s mounted (read-only?), and for good measure, permissions.
What user is Duplicati from About → System info → UserName? While there, what does StartedBy say?

The backup was made from a TrueNAS Dataset, that was mounted into the Duplicati App, running on this TrueNAS-Server. I wanted to restore a file to the same mounted location.
I guess the problem is, that duplicati is using the path
“User Data” and not “Computer”

The TrueNAS dataset is mounted into the duplicati-app via host-path (Read only is not checked).
Permissions are set for user 578 and group 578, what is the user apps. This user has full control.
Files to restored are owned by user myName and group office but user aps has full control.

Here are the Duplicati About:

• StartedBy : Server
  • UserName : somebody

It should use whichever one you chose on Source screen.
User data can be good in some situations, bad in others…

If original path gets invalid by move or change, don’t use it.
Are you saying it works to a “Pick location”? It was unclear.

Are you also requesting “Restore read/write permissions”?
I’m trying to find out the total situation we’re trying to solve.

I don’t use TrueNAS, so can’t follow well. Core or SCALE?
FreeBSD is tough to support, Linux Docker a little simpler.

Unfortunately I don’t use Docker either. Is that what this is?

I think of “full control” as a term Windows uses. What do you mean here, in Linux, etc. terms?

I don’t follow “what is the user apps” (or “full control”). Are there multiple Duplicati apps in use?

Is that giving user name for the “user 578” mentioned, or root? Root is more powerful of course.

At least this one is what I expect from a Docker. If this is Docker, where did image come from?
I think somebody said TrueCharts uses Duplicati’s, but other situations might use LinuxServer.

As you can see, it can require knowing your system. Is it important to be able to restore directly?

One possible method to narrow it down in generic way is About → Show log → Live → Verbose.
Try to restore any file to see how far it’s gotten when it complains about the read-only file system.
That error is not in Duplicati source and is almost certainly from the OS. Are such things around?
View inside Docker might be different, but maybe docker exec to check mounts would explain it.

$ cat /proc/mounts | grep -w ro
/dev/sda3 / ext4 rw,relatime,errors=remount-ro 0 0
none /run/credentials/systemd-sysusers.service ramfs ro,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,mode=700 0 0
/dev/sda2 /boot/efi vfat rw,relatime,fmask=0077,dmask=0077,codepage=437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,errors=remount-ro 0 0
$ 

is from my non-Docker Linux system. If you test writing by hand, do it as same user Duplicati is.