Repair tells me to purge, purge tells me to repair

On an aside, I totally messed things up posting questions and subjects. I can’t seem to edit my own OP, the subject is for another issue I am experiencing, which I’ve been trying to solve since the reinstallation. This OP (the contents) was meant to go as a reply to this thread here.
Is it possible to merge the posts here with that thread? Sorry for the inconvenience …

Anyway, thanks for the replies and the help, really appreciate it.

My duplicati systemd unit file doesn’t include a user or group, when I check the process it is running as root. It starts like this:
ExecStart=/usr/bin/duplicati-server $DAEMON_OPTS

/etc/default/duplicati specifies:
DAEMON_OPTS="--webservice-interface=0.0.0.0 --webservice-port=8200 --webservice-allowed-hostnames=*"

I did a clean fresh install of duplicati, its running as 2.0.6.3_beta_2021-06-17.

I guess I can move the files in /root/.config/Duplicati, should be straightforward. I can stop duplicati.service, move the files:
mv /root/.config/Duplicati/* /usr/lib/duplicati/data

Edit the /etc/defaults/duplicati:
DAEMON_OPTS="--server-datafolder=/usr/lib/duplicati/data --webservice-interface=0.0.0.0 --webservice-port=8200 --webservice-allowed-hostnames=*"

And start duplicati.service again. However, I’m not sure if I should do this while having other issues as mentioned in the topic title. I’ve solved that in part, but Im still running in circles. I’ll post that in its own topic and edit this with the link.

Thanks again guys!

ps. when I mentioned the backup of the /root/ folder … the server that runs duplicati is not backed up by Duplicati itself, I make rsync snapshots to another disk of a selection of directories. I can include /root/ in that, but I rather move the files to /usr/lib/duplicati/data.