ReadDoneAsync2 error with Backblaze B2 [2.0.3.3]


#1

I just moved over from Crashplan to Duplicati with Backblaze B2. Running version 2.0.3.3_beta_2018-04-02 inside a docker container on UnRAID. For a couple weeks, everything was working fine and managed to upload 171GB. However, within the last few days I have been getting the following error when running a backup or testing a connection:

Error getting response stream (ReadDoneAsync2): ReceiveFailure

I’ve searched the forum and github issues, but didn’t see any similar problem reports. Any ideas how to troubleshoot or resolve this issue?


#2

Hi @madsensh, welcome to the forum!

Does that error come up with every run and test or only some of them?

Also, if you click on the error message in the logs does it provide more detail?


#3

@JonMikelV I am also getting this error.

Please see the error logs attached.

Fatal error
System.Net.WebException: Error getting response stream (ReadDoneAsync2): ReceiveFailure
at System.Net.WebResponseStream+d__61.MoveNext () [0x000f5] in :0
— End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown —
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess (System.Threading.Tasks.Task task) [0x0003e] in <71d8ad678db34313b7f718a414dfcb25>:0
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification (System.Threading.Tasks.Task task) [0x00028] in <71d8ad678db34313b7f718a414dfcb25>:0
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd (System.Threading.Tasks.Task task) [0x00008] in <71d8ad678db34313b7f718a414dfcb25>:0
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredTaskAwaitable+ConfiguredTaskAwaiter.GetResult () [0x00000] in <71d8ad678db34313b7f718a414dfcb25>:0
at System.Net.WebOperation+d__57.MoveNext () [0x001d9] in :0
— End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown —
at System.Net.WebCompletionSource1+<WaitForCompletion>d__15[T].MoveNext () [0x00094] in <fc308f916aec4e4283e0c1d4b761760a>:0 --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Net.HttpWebRequest+<RunWithTimeoutWorker>d__2441[T].MoveNext () [0x000ba] in :0
— End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown —
at Duplicati.Library.Main.BackendManager.List () [0x00049] in :0
at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.FilelistProcessor.RemoteListAnalysis (Duplicati.Library.Main.BackendManager backend, Duplicati.Library.Main.Options options, Duplicati.Library.Main.Database.LocalDatabase database, Duplicati.Library.Main.IBackendWriter log, System.String protectedfile) [0x0000d] in :0
at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.FilelistProcessor.VerifyRemoteList (Duplicati.Library.Main.BackendManager backend, Duplicati.Library.Main.Options options, Duplicati.Library.Main.Database.LocalDatabase database, Duplicati.Library.Main.IBackendWriter log, System.String protectedfile) [0x00000] in :0
at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.BackupHandler.PreBackupVerify (Duplicati.Library.Main.BackendManager backend, System.String protectedfile) [0x000fd] in :0
at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.BackupHandler.Run (System.String[] sources, Duplicati.Library.Utility.IFilter filter) [0x003c6] in :0 strong text


#4

So it is very strange. All my back up jobs worked correctly this morning (they all connect to BackBlaze) but when adding a new one mid-morning EST, I noticed the failure. Now all jobs fail.

I should note this seems to be an issue with version 2.0.3.3_beta_2018-04-02 … I test on version 2.0.2.1_beta_2017-08-01 and backups and connections to backblaze b2 work as expected.

Strange.


#5

I ended up deleting the backup job and re-creating it. Too bad, as I lost about 2 weeks of upload time and had to start over. The new backup jobs have been running fine with no issues.


#6

It’s very strange. It was working for a while this morning, but now has gone back to failing with the same error.


#7

I’m not sure why reverting to 2.0.2.1 beta would make the issue go away as it sounds like a problem with either the destination (in this case B2) or internet connection to them causing a problem with the web request responses.

@madsensh, when you re-created the job did you point it to the existing destination folder (keeping that history) or start with an empty destination folder?


#8

When I recreated the job, I deleted all the files first and then reused the same bucket with the same key and access code. Being new to duplicati, I didn’t know if it would pick up where it left off, so I just started again from scratch.


#9

If a new job was created pointing to an existing destination It would have reported unexpected files at the destination and requested a database repair. Doing that would have downloaded all the dindex and dlist files (but NOT the large dblock ones) and used them to recreate the previous backups sqlite database file.

Once that was done it would have continued on adding to the existing backup (keeping the previous backup’s history still available for restore) rather than a full backup from scratch.

That being said, knowing that your recreate with the same (but manually emptied) bucket seems to be working without the ReadDoneAsync2 error helps isolate the B2 bucket as likely NOT being part of the initial problem. :+1: