Problems getting started with duplicati

Hello,

I have been regularly testing duplicati for many years, and i really hope work this software one day !

I have now tested the beta.

• The duplicati logo is in red in the taskbar, I do not know how to iron it in white (normal mode) I think it’s logs history that shows errors, but I do not understand how to delete it.

• I wish to use duplicati with glacier, but it remains safe to disable the options:
    –no-backend-verification
    –no-auto-compact

What the best way to test the recovery file (download al glacier files in the local setting ?)

• Is it possible to continue the backup from another root
    For example I have a folder photos (always with the same photos). The backup is configured on this folder only.
    If I move the photo folder, should I restart a full backup?

• The option Allow remote access does not seem to work at home (but I did not look for another problem)

• What the best practice to configure duplicati as a demon

• In the console I have the following error:

Root @ 1myhome: ~ # duplicati
Server has started and is listening on 0.0.0.0, port 8200

(Duplicati.GUI.TrayIcon: 15294): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: /build/glib2.0-y6934K/glib2.0-2.42.1/./gobject/gsignal.c:2461: child-added signal 'Is invalid for instance' 0x31b3320 'of type' GtkMenu '
Invalid type Microsoft.WindowsAzure.Storage.Blob.BlobEncryptionPolicy for instance field Microsoft.WindowsAzure.Storage.Blob.BlobRequestOptions: <EncryptionPolicy> k__BackingField
Invalid type Microsoft.WindowsAzure.Storage.Queue.QueueEncryptionPolicy for instance field Microsoft.WindowsAzure.Storage.Queue.QueueRequestOptions: <EncryptionPolicy> k__BackingField
Invalid type Microsoft.WindowsAzure.Storage.Table.TableEncryptionPolicy for instance field Microsoft.WindowsAzure.Storage.Table.TableRequestOptions: <EncryptionPolicy> k__BackingField
Request error: The server certificate had the error RemoteCertificateChainErrors and the hash 44D3C76289549B33C632980F98C39797E1404691
If you trust this certificate, use the commandline option --accept-specified-ssl-hash = 44D3C76289549B33C632980F98C39797E1404691 to accept the server certificate anyway.
You may also wish to import the server trust into your operating systems trust pool.
You may want to import a set of trusted certificates into the Mono certificate store.
Use the command:
    Cert-sync /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt #for Debian based systems
    Cert-sync /etc/pki/tls/certs/ca-bundle.crt #for RedHat derivatives
Read more: http://www.mono-project.com/docs/about-mono/releases/3.12.0/#cert-sync

Thanks good work !

I edited your post to improve the formating. (Just added ~~~ before and after the output you pasted, see here for details).[quote=“JonMikelV, post:16, topic:515”]
So even if I had multiple sources going to a single destination in CP the wouldn’t de-dupe across b them (potentially due to different encryption keys)
[/quote]

Okay. Or wait: does every backup job in CP have its own archive (and hence encryption key)? I thought the archive was per client so that if I have multiple backup jobs on the same machine, de-duplication will work across backup jobs.

That is a “first install” issue that has not been fixed yet. Once you get a real error (i.e. force stop a running backup to trigger it), you will get a popup with the error, and clicking “Dismiss” will make it work like normal again.

Glacier is a bit problematic, due to the restore process and it has not been fully automated (nor integrated in Duplicati). It works by using the S3 life-cycle rules to move files to Glacier. This means that Duplicati can no longer verify that all is working as expected, so you need to “trust” it, which is a bad idea.

To test the restore, you basically have to recall the files from Glacier. If you can get them moved back into S3, you can test the restore.

I generally recommend not using Glacier with Duplicati for these reasons.

Duplicati 1.3.x did not like this, but with Duplicati 2.0 there is no dependence on path, so you can move/add/remove/rename root folders as much as you like. The only downside is that if the path changes, Duplicati needs to re-scan the file, as opposed to just checking the filestamp which can take longer.

That option makes Duplicati listen to network requests from outside the machine. It requires that you restart Duplicati for it to take effect.

If you have systemd, it should be as simple as:

systemctl duplicati start

This will run a server in the background, you can get the tray-icon up and connected with this command:

duplicati --no-hosted-server --hosturl=http://localhost:8200

I think this will solve your problem: SSL TLS support in Mono · duplicati/duplicati Wiki · GitHub

More on Glacier here: Amazon Glacier support · Issue #701 · duplicati/duplicati · GitHub

Whoops, syntax should be:
systemctl start duplicati

For permanent start at boot:
systemctl enable duplicati

:sunny:

2 Likes