Problems after upgrade to 2.0.4.21

The update was only present in the canary, so all beta users should not see issues?

If you have the time, submitting a patch to FluentFTP would eventually solve our issues and allow us to upgrade. You have the traces that shows the problem, so it should pass right away.

Unfortunately, we have a thight deadline with AmzCD closing in mid august. We need to have a beta out very soon, to allow warning AmzCD users.

On the other hand we do not want to push untested software, and do not want to break the backups for other users.

That leaves three options as I see it:

1. Delay the update, leaving AmzCD users hanging
  2. Push the current experimental, potentially breaking FTP setups (not all servers have the problem)
  3. Patch a copy of FluentFTP (based on v21) and ship with that

I am not in favor of settting the EnableThreadSafeDataConnections flag as that exposes even more untested code, and completely changes the way the library works.

Unfortunately, I cannot do any of this before saturday (at best). If you have a patch file, that would speed up things.

Would a decent solution be to ship the current beta, warning the AmzCD users, and breaking some of the FTP backups? Then we follow with a new beta in a week or two that has the patched FTP library?