Problem with restore data

Hello, I use duplicati, unfortunately the disk in my computer has been destroyed, I have dat files stored on the server, unfortunately during restore backup, I get an error related to the failure to restore the database, informing me about missing zip files, is there a way to restore data omitting this error?

Hello @Mat, welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear your disk was destroyed - hopefully Duplicati can help you get your data back. I have a few questions to get started:

• can you post a few of the actual error messages you’re getting?
  • how are you doing the restore (for example, is it via the main “Restore” -> “Direct restore from backup files” option)?

@JonMikelV thanks for answer,

Fortunately, I was able to recover my backup

I received an error regarding specific missing zip files, which prevented me from starting backup restore, I tried several ways to restore and I finally copied 1 zip file, then changed the name of the copied file to the name of the missing files. To reproduce the backup I used duplicati.commandline frist repair database, then restore backup.

“C:\Program Files\Duplicati 2\Duplicati.CommandLine.exe” repair “file://destination of zip files” --dbpath=“where save new db\newdb.sqlite” --log-level=profiling --no-encryption

“C:\Program Files\Duplicati 2\Duplicati.CommandLine.exe” restore “file:// destination of zip files” --dbpath=“destination of db” --restore-path=" destination of restored files" --no-encryption

1 Like

Good to hear you got your data back!

And not only that, but you figured out a way of handling the missing zip file error I’ve never considered or heard of before! :smiley: :+1:

(I went ahead and flagged your post as the solution, let me know if you disagree.)