Problem Backing up in w7

Hi Everyone,

I’m having troubles trying to backup to Azure from a computer with W7, I fixed some of the problems that were appearing but can’t seem to find where this problem come from.

2020-07-09 16:36:53 -03 - [Error-Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.BackupHandler-FatalError]: Fatal error
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: No se pudo encontrar el archivo ‘C:\Windows\TEMP\dup-ad9b11e5-5534-425b-9b9a-82c57b64de80’.
Nombre de archivo: ‘C:\Windows\TEMP\dup-ad9b11e5-5534-425b-9b9a-82c57b64de80’
en System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
en System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
en System.IO.FileStream…ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
en Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.SpillCollectorProcess.<>c__DisplayClass0_0.<b__0>d.MoveNext()
— Fin del seguimiento de la pila de la ubicación anterior donde se produjo la excepción —
en System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
en System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
en CoCoL.AutomationExtensions.d__10`1.MoveNext()
— Fin del seguimiento de la pila de la ubicación anterior donde se produjo la excepción —
en System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
en Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.BackupHandler.d__13.MoveNext()
en Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.BackupHandler.d__20.MoveNext()

I have enough space (150gb free, blocks are 500mb, backup size is 360gb but never get’s past 2gb) there are no quotas configured for the drive. the window folder has the permissions for System, I’m running Duplicati as a service.

the process creates some temp files but stops.

I’m trying to backup a VHD created by windows server backup from another computer and copied to a drive in the windows 7 computer.

anyone has any idea what could cause this? or what thing could I check?

I’m completely lost at this point

Thank you in advance!

Welcome to the forum @DamianTMB

On Windows, there have been some reports where an antivirus deleted the file, but there are others that didn’t fit that. The error where Duplicati SpillCollectorProcess is missing a temp file in FileStream.Init has not been isolated, as far as I know, and one reason might be that people post the ending, with no context.

Duplicati might also not produce a backup log when a backup doesn’t complete. If you have one, it’d help.

I don’t know if it’s possible to make a smaller test backup that reproduces the error, but that’d help as well. Logging becomes more feasible, e.g. –log-file and –log-file-log-level=retry, then either paste that here with three backticks (```) above and below, or zip it and post it as a file (if it winds up large despite your efforts).

EDIT:

might be relevant, if Azure has quotas or similar limits. You might see some retries in the retry log, which you can also watch at About → Show log → Live → Retry, but that’s not very good for posting to forum.

Hi Thank you for your response so I enabled the log level at retry and find out the problem was the connection to azure, It seems there was a firewall in the middle and that messed up the ssl negotiation.

Would you be able to post some log, or describe when things go wrong? Did it ever really get going, suffer failures midway through the backup, or fail after the backup itself, e.g. during version deletes/compaction?

Where it finally errors does not obviously point to the earlier failure, but if the early error can be understood, perhaps the later odd missing temporary file can be improved on, ideally with a reasonable error message.