Pause and unpause duplicati at certain hours

I use an ISP that caps my bandwidth during certain hours, but during low usage hours I have unlimited bandwidth.

As such I would like to pause and unpause duplicati during those timeframes. Is there some way to do that?

I found this: duplicati/pause-resume.py at master · duplicati/duplicati · GitHub but it doesn’t seem to work. When I call it I get:

Something went wrong – 401 Not logged in

Is there something else I need to do to login first?

Thanks
Brad

I haven’t actually used this script before but I’m guessing @Pectojin or @kenkendk will have a suggestion for you. :slight_smile:

For what it’s worth, a feature like you describe has been requested a few times already:

I have just added a $5 bounty for this feature at https://www.bountysource.com/issues/52436819-feature-request-bandwith-limit-based-on-schedule (just to kick things off). Please consider adding to it to help make it happen! :smiley:
Bandwith limit based on schedule [$35] · Issue #2921 · duplicati/duplicati · GitHub

The script is fairly simple and doesn’t support logging into Duplicati with a password.

You can use this GitHub - Pectojin/duplicati_client: A command line client for controlling the Duplicati Server

It supports login, so you just have to store the password in a parameters file and then you can use it in your script to login and pause the backups.

1 Like