OneDrive issue with too many files?

Ideas about “System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.”, “Parameter name: path”
has a similar stack trace and a recent comment speculating that its cause has a fix underway.
The exact reporting of the final error is slightly different, but I’m not expert enough to say why:

Are you good at C# stack traces? The above have different formats but appear similar beyond that.
If you follow last posts of the other forum topic, you’ll see the issue, the test case, and proposed fix.

My test case involved basically an upload failure during compact that exhausted the default 5 tries.
What I got, though, was Duplicati death through an unhandled exception. Still, I mention the theory.

Unfortunately even when Duplicati doesn’t crash, it tends not to make a job log when job errors out. Sometimes emailed logs have more details. Ideally one has an added log file, but few people do so.

So – have anything else that might show what sort of activity led up to the final failure that you got?
Ideally this would be a learning opportunity to study this problem, but often there’s not enough data.