Offset and length were out of bounds [Closed by OP]

This happened with an old version. I updated and moved on.

Try to restore I get error:

Offset and length were out of bounds for the array or count is greater than the number of elements from index to the end of the source collection.

If I Dismiss I am offered no files to restore.

Did you figure out what caused it? Maybe we can fix it in future versions?

I don’t. It occurred in the version called Canary on an old machine. I moved to a new machine with the latest version and did not have a problem. I had done restores on that old machine before, but I can’t tell you why this time was different.

If you don’t mind doing a little digging, it’s possible the error is still in the logs.

I actually recall seeing this error a bit last year but haven’t seen it for a few months now - perhaps the underlying issue was resolved…

This makes me wonder - @kenkendk, when a version update occurs is anything written to the database that indicates when it happened? What I’m wondering is if we can look at log entries and determine under what version of Duplicati they occurred…

No, strangely I have not considered logging the update times, but it is a good idea.

1 Like

The same problem occurred here with me using Canary 2.0.2.18_canary_2018-02-11 on Linux and sending the files to wasabi and so on OneDrive (I duplicated the backup there to test the performance).

Since this server is a testing machine, I will upgrade to duplicati_2.0.3.2-1 and see if it happens again.