No transaction is active on this connection - I/O Error

You need to consider exact type. System.IO.IOException is broad, probably even in the disk I/O category.

If you got it when looking at collision issues between Duplicati-the-DB-reader-for-its-backup and Duplicati-the-user-of-a-DB, the exception might be helpful to understand what the exact issue is, and how to avoid, although if this is not a cyclic redundancy check, it might be possible to find details in the records already.

Google search:

“cyclic redundancy check” site:github.com/duplicati/duplicati/issues (nothing at all found)

“cyclic redundancy check” site:forum.duplicati.com (finds this and my familiar comment)

Cyclic redundanty check error on backup which actually got some CrystalDiskInfo errors.

Got a link to that cyclic redundancy check error? I didn’t find that…

This would be an application-level error not a disk-level error, e.g. Duplicati does lots of hash checks.

Here’s data that validates the integrity of destination volumes (and sometimes finds them incorrect):

If a downloaded file does not match its hash, you get application error not a System.IO.IOException.

Looks mostly SQLite-level. Disk Drive and Flash Memory Failures and below are hardware and OS. Corruption can occur at many levels. They can’t be lumped together. Exception here looks low-level.

The incorrect checksums in the Arduino Library Manager index for the Adafruit libraries have now been corrected.

sounds like an error at the application or library level of the project, not OS or hardware.

System Error Codes (0-499) within a series of device errors might describe error here:

ERROR_CRC

23 (0x17)

Data error (cyclic redundancy check).

Win32 Error Codes is a combined list. The error here is likely Windows level or below.

Agreed, and testing by @speedy1812 might give evidence, if renamed file still exists.

Main idea is: look at exact error, and context if available. Here it’s a Windows report of:

where it is already out of Duplicati, in .NET Framework, and hitting an OS-or-below problem.

I hope I’ve explained why I think it’s below Duplicati. Stack trace seems to show its level well.
I’m also still interested to know any specifics about your DB collision, if you have the chance.

Thanks!