Moving to another storage provider

Hi guys. Sorry for digging up this old thread but I have a very related problem.
Goal: backing up my Synology (using Duplicati running in docker) ultimately to Google Drive.
Desired workflow:

1. I create a backup locally.
  2. I copy all backup files to google drive
  3. I point my backup configuration to google drive
  4. I set the schedule on my backup config, live on, etc

My problem: after changing the backup config to point to google drive, and starting another backup, I got an error that some files are missing. I thought the sqlite db thinks it is still the local path and did not reconcile the change in destination yet, so I went to repair the db.

Then (hitting Repair) I get an error, stating “The backup storage destination is missing data files. You can either enable --rebuild-missing-dblock-files or run the purge command to remove these files.” Then a list of all the zips and dlist files. I check in google drive and they are there. I go to the destination config, test the connection, and it is successful.

TBH, I have created the destination folder using the duplicati backup config just to make sure it is generated with an application-token and not manually (as I saw in other threads that google drive manages user vs app-created folders differently).

Could it be the case that the synology cloud sync task (which got a different oauth token from the same user I use in duplicati) created these files, but the duplicati token will not be able to see them?
Or what do I do wrong?

I would not like to regenerate the db from scratch as I was playing with this in the last 2 months and it is painfully slow for my case (7 TB of data spread out in 5 backups, the biggest source being 5 TB).
I would like to reconcile the db with the new destination.