Moving duplicati archives from one cloud to another

Hi, our group used to use Duplicati to perform backups on google drive. Now we need to migrate our old backups from one cloud to another. We were advised to use Takeout functionality to pack and download data. Than we were planning to unpack it and upload to a new location. After unpacking on the local PC we are able to see our archive’s structure in Duplicatti down to single files. Unfotunately we can not restore files. The following errors appear:

Recreated database has missing blocks and 1 broken filelists. Consider using “list-broken-files” and “purge-broken-files” to purge broken data from the remote store and the database.

• 2021-10-04 19:46:49 +02 - [Error-Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.RestoreHandler-RestoreFileFailed]: Failed to restore file: “C:\Users\admin\Documents\10.10.2017…pdf”. Error message was: Can not find file ‘\?\C:\Users\admin\Documents\10.10.2017…pdf’.

How can we overcome this issue?
Thanks in advance,
Michał

I have migrated Duplicati backup data from one cloud provider to another without issue. In my case it was S3 to B2. I used the excellent rclone utility to synchronize the data. Once that was done, I changed the backup job in Duplicati so that it pointed to the new back end and everything just worked.

There is no reason to download the files or attempt to unpack the archives directly.

Thanks for this comment. Just one question, what do you mean by S3 and B2?
Best,
Michał

They are types of cloud storage. Amazon S3, Backblaze B2, and Wasabi are examples and they all work really well with Duplicati.