Moving backup location from SMB to NAS

Hi all,

So currently, I have about 50GB of data backed up to Backblaze B2 from my NAS. It works like so:

1. I have a NAS, which my computer mounts via SMB
  2. Duplicati runs on my computer, and backs the files on my NAS up via SMB, and uploads them to Backblaze.

I’ve been encountering the [Warning-Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.FileEnumerationProcess-FileAccessError] error, so I decided to instead run Duplicati directly on my NAS, realising I could run it inside Docker.

Problem is now I am trying to figure out how I can move the backup across to inside my NAS. The raw files are there, but this is a fresh Duplicati install with no configuration yet.

Can anyone suggest what I’ll need to do? Exporting the backup configuration from my computer seems a good first step, but then I wonder about the sqlite DB, does that need to come too? Is the sqlite DB file portable between an x86-64 machine and the armhf machine I am moving Duplicati to?

Welcome to the forum @kn100

Single-file Cross-platform Database seems to claim that will work. I can’t give any Docker-specific advice.

One Duplicati-specific database note is that while the job Database is easily moved (and can also usually be recreated from the destination, but move is probably faster), server’s Duplicati-server.sqlite knows the job database by absolute path, which may or may not be the same between your two systems. If needed you can just import the prior job into new server and use the Database screen to attach your old DB copy.

Thanks for the reply, I ended up just making a fresh backup and reuploading the files - which obviously worked well! Thanks for your assistance.

1 Like