Missing dblocks on remote but files on local are still here

Hello,

I received an email from OVH regarding the fire and my files.

The report says 14 files are missing from their server (6 dblocks and 6 indexes). I ran a backup with the rebuild missing blocks flag, but it only restored the indexes not the blocks.

I later check which files were on thoses missing blocks (with “affected” command) and I still have all of them on my local, I tried to run the repair database button, nothing new, and the repair command but what I get is the follow output

Listing remote folder ...
Failed to perform cleanup for missing file: duplicati-ba82754e8a7f04bdf89c97bdd5ab404fa.dblock.zip.aes, message: Repair not possible, missing 689 blocks.
If you want to continue working with the database, you can use the "list-broken-files" and "purge-broken-files" commands to purge the missing data from the database and the remote storage. => Repair not possible, missing 689 blocks.
If you want to continue working with the database, you can use the "list-broken-files" and "purge-broken-files" commands to purge the missing data from the database and the remote storage.
Failed to perform cleanup for missing file: duplicati-bc16b9f7755264e60ad9b0aded984052a.dblock.zip.aes, message: Repair not possible, missing 511 blocks.
If you want to continue working with the database, you can use the "list-broken-files" and "purge-broken-files" commands to purge the missing data from the database and the remote storage. => Repair not possible, missing 511 blocks.
If you want to continue working with the database, you can use the "list-broken-files" and "purge-broken-files" commands to purge the missing data from the database and the remote storage.
Failed to perform cleanup for missing file: duplicati-befab11aafa9c4d0e9edf86650410d840.dblock.zip.aes, message: Repair not possible, missing 528 blocks.
If you want to continue working with the database, you can use the "list-broken-files" and "purge-broken-files" commands to purge the missing data from the database and the remote storage. => Repair not possible, missing 528 blocks.
Failed to perform cleanup for missing file: duplicati-b0ba522ba9b4d4335be7651ef33199ea4.dblock.zip.aes, message: Repair not possible, missing 511 blocks.
If you want to continue working with the database, you can use the "list-broken-files" and "purge-broken-files" commands to purge the missing data from the database and the remote storage. => Repair not possible, missing 511 blocks.
Failed to perform cleanup for missing file: duplicati-b48e6f441a30240d9ade546e875ecff36.dblock.zip.aes, message: Repair not possible, missing 511 blocks.
Failed to perform cleanup for missing file: duplicati-b5fed407b65bf4fca992823a0d5bb8aec.dblock.zip.aes, message: Repair not possible, missing 520 blocks.
If you want to continue working with the database, you can use the "list-broken-files" and "purge-broken-files" commands to purge the missing data from the database and the remote storage. => Repair not possible, missing 520 blocks.
Return code: 0

What is my next move in order to fix my issue (reupload missing blocks and get my backup tasks to resume) ?

Thanks

Welcome to the forum @YonD

I would agree with the message – run list-broken-files, which should find the missing files missing and probably tell you about the same things affected did (but you can check), then purge-broken-files, then continue with backups to get the current version of the files that were purged because of OVH fire loss.

Disaster Recovery covers some of this.

Thank you for your welcome.

I ran list-broken-files I got the following error :

ErrorID: FiltersAreNotSupportedForListBrokenFiles
Filters are not supported for this operation
Return code: 100

Regarding the purge, if I understand properly, it will remove from the database all traces of the dblocks missing and the fact that the associated files are saved on the remote AND replacing the existing dblocks that contains part of the affected files with new ones without reference to the files…?

And since all my affected files are still here, it will see those files as new and start backing again ?

Thank you for your link to the disaster recovery, I’ve read it but I don’t want to do thing without some confirmation or help … since it’s my first disaster …

If you have filters, e.g. --exclude or --include in this backup, they are brought onto the Commandline screen for the default backup operation, but they must be removed for the *-broken-files commands.

I’m not so sure about this one, if you mean all versions are purged. I’d guess only the broken ones are.

The dblocks OVH lost are gone (unless they said they’re coming back, in which case maybe just wait). Purging files is not a backup. What you say might hold for dlist files, which is what references dblocks. There are no references from dblock files to source files or to other dblock files. You can see design at

How the backup process works

One recommendation on the purge-broken-files page is to first test with dry-run option set, to be safer.

purge-broken-files won’t, but next backup will do that if the file had been purged from the latest version.