Mirror Backup / Raw Files / Multiple Destinations?

I’ve gone through all of the custom settings but didn’t see anything like this.

Is there a way to set it up so that if I delete a file/folder in the source, then once backup is run, those files/folders are removed from the destination?
Edit: Never mind, ^this question was answered in a recent post.

And is there any way to have it back up exactly the same way the source appears? Ie. no volumes or splits. So that it’s just copying and pasting folders and raw files (not inside an archive). The data I’m backing up is not sensitive, so security is not the goal here.

Lastly, is there a way to set two destinations for a task? So that it will backup to a local drive, and then to a cloud.

Welcome to the forums @M55

There isn’t much that can be done to change the source appearance, it’s kinda critical to putting things back where they should go. Due to how deduplication works files are not stored as real files, they are blocks of data that can be reassembled into a file, with or without encryption and dedup cannot be disabled.

Quick run down on how deduplication works. Many files contain the “same data” i.e. every .PDF file has the same header that says it’s a .PDF file, so Duplicati only backs up one copy of the header and makes a pointer to it in all other files. Depending on your data the amount of duplicated data can vary but generally it amounts to some space savings in the destination. My daily backup of this workstation is 108GB worth of data but I’m only using 95GB of storage in my destination, not a huge space savings but it’s something.

As for your last question, no each destination needs it’s own job. This comes down to how Duplicati keeps track of changes and dedup. You can manually copy your local backup to the cloud and that would be fine, other than having to copy it back to your computer to do a restore. There isn’t any difference in the way Duplicati backs up to a local folder vs a cloud drive, it’s just more convenient to have each job going directly to it’s destination.

Hope that helps, if you need any further clarification let me know.

Thanks Jimbo, much appreciated for the explanation.