Manual REstore Guide for 1.34

I realise 1.34 is unsupported - but nevertheless I have a backup in Amazon S3 done with 1.34 that I need to recover from after a cryptolocker attack.
Duplicati can see the restore points, but if I try to either browse them or initiate a full restore I get the message:
“the restore operation failed: unable to parse filenames for the selected volumes”
I don’t get any other options to try and do a repair or what not.
I’ve searched everywhere for some documentation on this version but can’t find anything.
If I look at my S3 bucket manually I can see all the files (and they aren’t encrypted by duplicati).
Does anybody know whether or not I can manually download the files from AWS onto my PC, and then run some kind of commandline tool to go through these files and restore them?


Hello @Andrew_Johnston and welcome to the forum!


however the tools it uses might be more available on Linux than Windows. I can’t help much with 1.3.4…

I did try looking up error messages like yours on web and source, and I can find some different variations.

Code here would say “desired volumes” maybe from here to report a problem in the full backup manifest.

Block-based storage engine gives a very short overview of the 1.3 design, in contrast with the 2.0 design.

Duplicati 2.0 home page still links to old home page which seems to be less technical than Google Code.

Thank you so much!
I can see the files intact if I unzip them - but there is 100GB worth of data, so that’s 2000 zip files to work my way through!!

I normally use linux for everything anyway - except I can’t find the 1.34.deb file anywhere either =/


Seems like the download link at the old site isn’t doing anything (at least for me). This site gave me a .deb:

Presumably it uses some version of mono, and I’m not sure how difficult it will be to find a compatible one.

cheers. The commandline restore version is throwing the same error. I have a feeling the files I have aren’t matching the files listed in the manifest.
It’s not the end of the world, I can run a single unzip command on the full zips (then I don’t have to figure out how to make the diff thing work) and they are still going back into their respective folders, so that’s better than nothing =)