Localhost:8200 doesn't load but IP:8200 does

Hi all,

When I double click on the tray icon, it opens my browser to localhost:8200 but does not load and I receive an ERR_ADDRESS_INVALID. I tried 127.0.0.1:8200 and it’s the same error.
If I type in 192.168.x.x:8200, this works. I tried this in Chrome and IE and the results are the same

I have made no changes to the Duplicati configuration. I checked Windows updates and have Windows Defender Firewall off and tried temporarily turning off the Defender AV. Still no luck.
I tried a reboot of my machine as well.

I tried a different localhost site for a unrelated application (http://localhost:1000) and it loads fine. So I think the issue lies with Duplicati.

Is there something I could do to fix this?

Thanks,

Sounds like duplicati is not binding to the loopback interface (aka 127.0.0.1 aka localhost). Not sure how to address that.

Thanks for the quick reply. I tried searching for loopback and/or binding posts but couldn’t find anything of note.

Perhaps some others have some insights or ideas?

Appreciate your time.

Well it seems the issue was related to a recent update to my VPN application Surfshark. When I uninstalled it, everything worked again with localhost.

If anyone encounters this issue, try uninstalling your VPN.