Local backup - Corrpution after a week - unreliable?

Making progress. I didn’t get the entire answer, but it sounds like no special actions happened.
Seeing “PC” makes me think “Windows” which makes me think of Defender. Is that disabled?
How do I check my backup is integral? - Antivirus deleted some archives is why I’m pushing…
That might be the most recent case of such a thing. I know I’ve had AV delete my files before.

I certainly don’t know every forum post, but this missing file seems a hugely unusual situation.
https://usage-reporter.duplicati.com/ shows statistics of 1.5 million backups per month to files.
I’m trying very hard to collect information here, because I don’t think there’s any general issue.
There are definitely issues, as you can see from this forum. That’s a reason it’s still in Beta…

That weakens the compact theory. Barring special options, most recent backup is not deleted.
Deleted backups are what trigger a compact. It might still be useful to check last good backup.
Clicking on Compact Phase will show if anything happened. Better DIY logs have more details.

There are definitely heavy duty ways to track down odd rare issues, but it takes some doing…
Rather than go right there, if you’re willing you can post the bug report though it might not help.

Agree with the “should”, but getting there takes work, including by people who hit such issues.
Until the software is perfect (never), a less-than-ideal solution is repair tools and restore tools.
The LIST-BROKEN-FILES command can show what effect missing file has, in source terms.
The PURGE-BROKEN-FILES command can’t bring back lost data, but can get backup going.
Any source files that were damaged will lose their old versions, but the backup will get current.
Disaster Recovery talks about getting up, and also about giving up, and recovering what’s left.

Having multiple backups is good practice. Some run Duplicati as a secondary. You could try it.
I’m not sure how much of a fluke this one was, but there’s not enough info yet to find cause…