Latest build error backing up

Hi there

I am trying to either move back to a more stable version, and someone has posted a way to do this. BUT I thought let me give some feedback on the latest version:

You are currently running Duplicati -

System.Exception: Unexpected difference in fileset 2, found 9345 entries, but expected 9348
at Duplicati.Library.Main.Database.LocalDatabase.VerifyConsistency(Int64 blocksize, Int64 hashsize, Boolean verifyfilelists, IDbTransaction transaction)
at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.BackupDatabase.<>c__DisplayClass28_0.b__0()
at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Common.SingleRunner.<>c__DisplayClass6_0.b__0()
at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Common.SingleRunner.<>c__DisplayClass5_0`1.<b__1>d.MoveNext()
— End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown —
at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.BackupHandler.d__18.MoveNext()

I’ll give it a few days to see if there is any feedback.

Assuming this has not yet been resolved, I have a few questions:

  • Does this happen with every run? (I expect it does.)
  • Did it start when you moved to (If so I suspect it was coincidence.)
  • Have you tried reverting to and older version yet and, if so, did it resolve the issue? (I expect it won’t.)

Hi there.

  1. Yes it happened with every run.
  2. Yes it stared when I moved to the latest CANARY version
  3. I re-installed everything from scratch (i.e. uninstalled, removed the program file and programdata directories and installed the “download now” version) and imported the backup scripts and its currently running and doing a backup now, without any issues.

Why do you suspect that the issue is still ongoing?

I also had the same issue and ended up deleting the previous backups and making new ones – certainly not preferable – but was tolerable for me because I’m currently just getting started with Duplicati and testing it out.

Yeah, thats a good idea - I have done it myself.

I believe the error you were getting is related to the local database so reverting to an older version of Duplicati likely wouldn’t do anything to the database.

But since you uninstalled (with cleanup of misc. stuff - good call!) you’re starting with a fresh database now so you weren’t starting the new install with the pre-existing database error.

I hope the fresh install works for you but if not please let us know.

Hi there

Thanks. Yeah, I had to remove all o of the Duplicati directories from Appdata, ProgramData and then the Program files as well - I had royally stuffed it all up (trying to switch between Windows Service and Application install).

All working now though.

Glad to hear it, though I’m sorry it took a remove / re-install to get it going.

I went ahead and flagged your earlier post as the “solution” - let me know if you disagree.