Keep getting same error regardless of attempts to repair

Hello,

I am continually receiving the following error despite my attempts to repair the database, rebuild the database, verify files, remove the given file from the path, exclude the file from the source dir (checkmark x). My last successful run was 10/23/2018. This is my entire database of photos so I’m starting to get a bit worried. Any help is appreciated.

Found inconsistency in the following files while validating database:
D:\Picasa\Camera Roll\VID_20180912_200029.mp4, actual size 2382865085, dbsize 0, blocksetid: 180910
. Run repair to fix it

Regards,
Marc

Hello, could you tell us the version of Duplicati you are using? Along with operating system and to which backend you are uploading to.

If possible, send us the entire log of some run that included this error.

Hi, I’m using 2.0.4.5_beta_2018-11-28 on Windows 10 Pro 1803.
I’m uploading using the native Box API.
I’m currently doing a delete and rebuild of the database with that particular file deselected. Will follow up if it works.
Here is a log snippet from the “Stored” log data:

System.IO.InvalidDataException: Found inconsistency in the following files while validating database: 
D:\Picasa\Camera Roll\VID_20180912_200029.mp4, actual size 2382865085, dbsize 0, blocksetid: 180910
. Run repair to fix it.
   at Duplicati.Library.Main.Database.LocalDatabase.VerifyConsistency(Int64 blocksize, Int64 hashsize, Boolean verifyfilelists, IDbTransaction transaction)
   at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.BackupDatabase.<>c__DisplayClass32_0.<VerifyConsistencyAsync>b__0()
   at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Common.SingleRunner.<>c__DisplayClass3_0.<RunOnMain>b__0()
   at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Common.SingleRunner.<DoRunOnMain>d__2`1.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.BackupHandler.<RunAsync>d__19.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
   at CoCoL.ChannelExtensions.WaitForTaskOrThrow(Task task)
   at Duplicati.Library.Main.Controller.<>c__DisplayClass13_0.<Backup>b__0(BackupResults result)
   at Duplicati.Library.Main.Controller.RunAction[T](T result, String[]& paths, IFilter& filter, Action`1 method)
   at Duplicati.Library.Main.Controller.Backup(String[] inputsources, IFilter filter)
   at Duplicati.Server.Runner.Run(IRunnerData data, Boolean fromQueue)

Did it work (or maybe it’s still running – recreate can be slow)? If you deselected it from the source, I’d guess the recreate would wind up about the same as the one described in your original post. A deselection doesn’t remove anything, it just keeps files from gettng into future backups. What you might be trying to do might be done by using The PURGE command to purge that file, then let it get backed up again after you reselect it in the source files. The easy way to run a command line command is to use the Commandline option of the GUI then adjust things. Here, the main difference is to change the Command from backup to purge, then change the list of source files to just the one file that is producing the error, then for safety perhaps add (and check) –dry-run along with –console-log-level=dry-run. That will let you see what it would be doing. Example output:

[Dryrun]:   Purging file C:\BackThisUp\test.txt (4 bytes)
[Dryrun]: Would write files to remote storage
[Dryrun]: Would upload file duplicati-20181130T010201Z.dlist.zip (335 bytes) and delete file duplicati-20181130T010200Z.dlist.zip, removing 1 files

The purged file is removed from the old backups, hopefully the sticky error will clear, then you back up again.

That purge command did the trick, thanks!