Jottacloud Error 401 (Unauthorized)

Windows MSI 2.0.6.104 fresh install
albertony/duplicati at jottacloud-disable-v2-authid (github.com) (now merged into duplicati/duplicati) 3 patched DLLs
–asynchronous-concurrent-upload-limit unset
https://duplicati-oauth-handler-beta.appspot.com/ (duplicati-oauth-handler PR/10 code)
The beta handler helped; my backups are usually fine now. But I still get tokens invalidated during deletion of large file sets very rarely, could be unrelated since it is so rare.

I often fail during the deletion of large file sets if there is anything significant being uploaded (>2GB).

And now it’s working fine. The last 1.5 TB uploaded without issues. Don’t know what the problem was. I initially missed that I had to install the complete 2022-06-15 build and not just use autoupdate to it, but even after remedying that I still had the OAuth problems. Also couldn’t install the canary .deb file - had to download the zip archive and extract on top of the installation. Plus patched files, so it’s a bastard of an install. Hope we can get this mainlined at some point.

For what it’s worth, rclone still works very well. Not ideal but it does mean you can use the normal stable version.

Any chance for those changes to make it into the released canary?

Probably slightly above zero, but release manager had no time last month and no forecast on time.
You can watch Releases category, where questions of this sort come up. Last reply was yesterday.

Thanks to the volunteers (including on this topic) who keep Duplicati going, but more are needed…

Developers at all levels and areas are encouraged, but release management is kind of a large role, depending on how it’s defined. Releasing what’s already committed (all 4 changes) might be easier compared to ongoing pull request work. Maybe I’ll ask about time again later if no release emerges.

1 Like

Still not working? :confused::thinking:

Please try the latest canary… :crossed_fingers:

Please test today’s Canary. It replaces the 3 DLL workaround posted above that some were using.
There are later potential Jottacloud changes, but this is the change in-but-unreleased since Aug 7.

@ts678
Once this particular bug is known to be rooted out, could you consider changing the forum configuration to close automatically the threads without changes since one month ? This kind of eternal threads that have no relation to the original first post are tiresome - even impossible - to read, and quite often can be used by spammers. It may be that you don’t have the necessary rights of course.

Even though this topic is an example of an ultra-long one, I’m not sure it’s the place to discuss policy.
Got a sample site that does this? Closing topics could lead to topic proliferation which may be worse.
Information gets spread across lots of topics (making a mess), instead of down one (making a mess).

I think the Mar 2022 return of activity here actually fits this original post and topic title well, doesn’t it?
Possibly it could have been forked then, but you’d still have May 2022 to April 2023 on the same bug.

If we can get to faster fixes, that would help shorten long topics, but forum is still a poor issue tracker.
What to do about antique GitHub Issues is another question, but also doesn’t belong under this topic.

Let’s Encrypt forum

this kind of feature is best used with forums with high level of complaints with repetitive subjects, such as ‘can’t renew certificate’, that can potentially lead to hundreds of ‘me too’ follow-ups although a generic problem can happen for many different reasons.
For Duplicati, it could be ‘cannot backup’. It’s tidier when new threads are created because otherwise opportunistic posters feel free to not post any details (‘I have the same problem !’ is the whole of the problem report).

If the thread is continuously kept alive, it’s usually the same problem. It’s always possible to bump a post by editing it if one still cares about it.

And yes I know that’s off topic but it’s the whole point that long threads always get off topic :slight_smile:

Does anybody on Jottacloud have feedback from the below April 10 requests or from May 25 Beta?

Jottacloud backend oauth authentication #4699 was merged in on June 12, 2022.
Disable automatic use of v2 authid for Jottacloud #4779 was merged in on Aug 7, 2022.
2.0.6.105_canary_2023-04-09 made both of them available to any willing to run Canary.

One disappointing report on Beta is below. Anyone else have updates on Duplicati or rclone method?

i am using Jottacloud and its running great on my mac
currently running 2.0.7.2_canary_2023-05-25

1 Like

Im also running the canary version in docker on linux, it’s working great for me.

1 Like

How much data are we talking about?

I’d guess it failed for me around the 1TB mark, maybe a bit less.

Jotta still going strong here, amount to backup is totally 20 ish tb. Now I’m at maybe 6.

Hmm… What else could be different? What is your up/down speed like? I’m on gigabit.

Yep, and two different servers backing up.

For what it’s worth I didn’t charge the key, rclone uses the same one.

Maybe the issue is that Duplicati doesn’t re-authenticate when needed. Every call to rclone starts a new session.