Invalid Checksum Error when using Mega NZ

Hi !

I always seem to get an error when i am using Mega.NZ as the backup site. The backup seems to complete but always with errors and i was wondering if it could affect my restore or future backups? if so how could i fix it? TIA

MainOperation: Test
Verifications: [
Key: duplicati-20171209T043050Z.dlist.zip.aes
Value: [
Key: Error
Value: Invalid file checksum
],
Key: duplicati-i2e91488fa2814fbc92d405237883f422.dindex.zip.aes
Value: ,
Key: duplicati-be0cffc5872fa4f31b895f38bda8d2f79.dblock.zip.aes
Value: [
Key: Error
Value: Invalid file checksum
]
]
ParsedResult: Error
EndTime: 12/9/2017 10:58:22 AM
BeginTime: 12/9/2017 10:53:36 AM
Duration: 00:04:45.2525792
Errors: [
Failed to process file duplicati-20171209T043050Z.dlist.zip.aes => Invalid file checksum,
Failed to process file duplicati-be0cffc5872fa4f31b895f38bda8d2f79.dblock.zip.aes => Invalid file checksum
]
BackendStatistics:
RemoteCalls: 12
BytesUploaded: 0
BytesDownloaded: 4365
FilesUploaded: 0
FilesDownloaded: 1
FilesDeleted: 0
FoldersCreated: 0
RetryAttempts: 8
UnknownFileSize: 0
UnknownFileCount: 0
KnownFileCount: 267
KnownFileSize: 1383688719
LastBackupDate: 12/9/2017 12:30:50 PM
BackupListCount: 1
TotalQuotaSpace: 0
FreeQuotaSpace: 0
AssignedQuotaSpace: -1
ParsedResult: Success

The error message indicates that the files are modified after downloading them.

Have you tested a restore?

no i haven @kenkendk. let me try see what happens.

it restored fine though. should i be worried? i have test all the applications/files that was backup under it.

Maybe … it appears the error message originates from the Mega library:

Best I can understand, the error happens when the file is downloaded from Mega, but defect for some reason. If you get the same error repeatedly, maybe you can try downloading the file directly from Mega and see if it is broken?

When testing the restore, make sure you have --no-local-blocks set, otherwise Duplicati will use data from files on-disk to recreate the target files, which could hide problems with the remote data.

I’m experiencing the same problem. What have I do to?

Failed: Invalid file checksum
Details: CG.Web.MegaApiClient.DownloadException: Invalid file checksum
   in Duplicati.Library.Main.AsyncDownloader.AsyncDownloaderEnumerator.AsyncDownloadedFile.get_TempFile()
   in Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.CompactHandler.DoCompact(LocalDeleteDatabase db, Boolean hasVerifiedBackend, IDbTransaction& transaction, BackendManager sharedBackend)
   in Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.DeleteHandler.DoRun(LocalDeleteDatabase db, IDbTransaction& transaction, Boolean hasVerifiedBackend, Boolean forceCompact, BackendManager sharedManager)
   in Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.BackupHandler.CompactIfRequired(BackendManager backend, Int64 lastVolumeSize)
   in Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.BackupHandler.<RunAsync>d__20.MoveNext()
--- Fine traccia dello stack da posizione precedente dove è stata generata l'eccezione ---
   in System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
   in CoCoL.ChannelExtensions.WaitForTaskOrThrow(Task task)
   in Duplicati.Library.Main.Controller.<>c__DisplayClass14_0.<Backup>b__0(BackupResults result)
   in Duplicati.Library.Main.Controller.RunAction[T](T result, String[]& paths, IFilter& filter, Action`1 method)

Log data:
2023-01-13 13:34:51 +01 - [Warning-Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.FileBlockProcessor.FileEntry-PathProcessingFailed]: Failed to process path: C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Packages\MicrosoftWindows.Client.CBS_cw5n1h2txyewy\Settings\settings.dat
System.IO.IOException: Il processo non può accedere al file '\\?\C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Packages\MicrosoftWindows.Client.CBS_cw5n1h2txyewy\Settings\settings.dat' perché è in uso da un altro processo.
   in System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   in System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
   in System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
   in Duplicati.Library.Common.IO.SystemIOWindows.FileOpenRead(String path)
   in Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.FileBlockProcessor.<>c__DisplayClass1_0.<<Run>b__0>d.MoveNext()
2023-01-13 13:34:51 +01 - [Warning-Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.FileBlockProcessor.FileEntry-PathProcessingFailed]: Failed to process path: C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Packages\MicrosoftWindows.Client.CBS_cw5n1h2txyewy\Settings\settings.dat.LOG1
System.IO.IOException: Il processo non può accedere al file '\\?\C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Packages\MicrosoftWindows.Client.CBS_cw5n1h2txyewy\Settings\settings.dat.LOG1' perché è in uso da un altro processo.
   in System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
   in System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
   in Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.FileBlockProcessor.<>c__DisplayClass1_0.<<Run>b__0>d.MoveNext()
2023-01-13 13:34:51 +01 - [Warning-Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.FileBlockProcessor.FileEntry-PathProcessingFailed]: Failed to process path: C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Packages\MicrosoftWindows.Client.CBS_cw5n1h2txyewy\Settings\settings.dat.LOG2
System.IO.IOException: Il processo non può accedere al file '\\?\C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Packages\MicrosoftWindows.Client.CBS_cw5n1h2txyewy\Settings\settings.dat.LOG2' perché è in uso da un altro processo.
2023-01-13 13:34:51 +01 - [Warning-Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.FileBlockProcessor.FileEntry-PathProcessingFailed]: Failed to process path: 
[MEGACUT]

But at different spot. Original was Verifying backend files. Yours is Compacting files at the backend.
You need to find the name of the file that won’t download. Check any emails. Check regular job log.
Failed backups usually don’t make those, and you can look in About → Show log → Stored instead.

EDIT:

What is the current situation? Does it run a backup until it tries compact which fails? If not, describe.
You can use Compact now GUI link to test the compact while in About → Show log → Live → Retry.
That would probably try to download the same file as before. You’d know name. Click on error lines.

After you get its name, download it some other way and look it over. If encrypted, maybe try decrypt.
AES Crypt can do that if you like a GUI tool. For Duplicati CLI tool, use its SharpAESCrypt.exe tool.
After decrypt (or if never encrypted), you have a .zip file. If something fails, maybe file is corrupted.